Live disconnecting in idle mode

Ok on the 4 august purchased 4gb slim for 1 week it has worked ok then  I started getting live issues where if left idle for more than a minute the live disconnects, then it has real issues trying to reconnect first it tells me my mtu is wrong which is stupid as its set at its highest then tells me my internet connection is down but ofc it isnt. then it hangs trying to connect to live. finally after 5 minutes it gets in and it starts all over again.

Then when I try to do an simple 19mb update it takes over an hour to dl and upload but lo and behold if i leave the machine it DISCONNECTS so i have to start again.

the games freeze on live and now trying to get map pack 4 for cod black ops it again is taking ages to download and gets to 6% and freezes plus its giving error code 8007274c.

Please dont tell me to do a speedtest as i use a business connection as I live in a very rural area and my average download speed is 2mb and my upload is 338k plus ping of about 58ms my Internet provider resets my connection are  every month so I get optimum speeds as BT prefer to give their own users the best speeds.

To me as an IT Consultant this sounds like a faulty batch of network cards within the 4gb consoles so I will be taking my console back to the supplier as its within their 28 day limit and I will be getting a replacement, this never happened with my old xbox and seems confined to only 4gb consoles if anyone else has had this problem or has a fix please tell me as I am wasting precious petrol having to replace this console and getting close to converting to a ps3.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

lol tryed to get new map pack again by deleting 6% downloaded and now it only gets to 1 percent and no further before kicking from xbox live

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are having issues connecting to LIVE in general, check out our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) and for downloading, check out the Downloading Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../33.aspx). If you are still having an issue, post back here with the answers to the questions in those guides.

Sorry this didn't help.

my xbox will connect to xbox live it just takes a while, and if i stay inactive for any length of time i am DC'd, i can't change membership, it says " can't retrive information from Xbox LIVE.Please try again later. Statis code: 80190864" it has been a few days amd nothings changed. I want to order a family pack gold, and this is starting to frustrate me, Please help.

Sorry this didn't help.