Live Connectivity Issues - 6th Feb 2013

Hi,

Was there some issue with Xbox Live on Wednesday evening (UK) 6th Feb?  I had been playing Halo 4 with a friend when we got a message saying we could not connect to the halo servers and the game started lagging quite badly.  We changed game to Black Ops 2 with some other friends and the connections in the games kept dropping out and lagging really badly too (apparently BLOPS2 had been like this while I hadbeen on Halo).

Was there a general issue affecting online play via Live, or was it just a coincidence that both of these games were having connection issues?  Did anyone else experience problems?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I was playing some mass effect last night uk time and do not remember an issue, maybe it was an issue with your ISP, if you have sky broadband, that could be a reason, as you may be aware that sky are having some big issues with speeds at the moment.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do have Sky but my internet was fine and so was Live for a while.  One of my friends is on Virgin though, and he was having the same issues.  Just seemed a bit suspect that it was fine when we started but we all started having issues whilst on seperate ISPs (even when not in a party together).  I wouldnt normally complain but as a result of the Halo servers dropping out none of my campaign data registered.  Havent been on much in a while and was going thru my least favourite level on legendary - now i have to do it again lol.  Not a massive issue but its a bit of a pain in the backside.

Sorry this didn't help.

I definitely understand that, one of the reasons why I dislike the thought of the new xbox having to have an Internet connection to play, sounds like a stupid idea to me.

Sorry this didn't help.

that and not being able to play pre-owned games.  i'm happy with my 360 for a while yet...

Sorry this didn't help.