Live connection fades away

Hello,

I'm at my wits end with this problem. I've tried searching this forum and the Internet, but can't seem to able to figure this out. The problem is, when, after everything (xbox, router, computer) has been turned off for the night I can connect to Live and download stuff. But after a few minutes (~5-10) I can't anymore. I don't change any settings, connect/disconnect any cables or devices, but my Live connection just dies. This same connection has worked before, I just plugged my Xbox in and away I went. I was at another house for about three months (nothing should have changed here where I am now), but now I have this problem. Any help, anyone?

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Finland
Modem brand & model number: Zyxel P-660H-D1
Network Connection Type: Wired

Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? I have forwarded (or so I think, ask for more info) the following ports: 53, 80, 88, 1863, 3074
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
What type of internet do you have? DSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? The phone company
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? ATM I don't get any errors, it just comes back to the "Available networks" screen and doesn't say anything. Neither the wireless or wired networks has the little ok-sign on the top right corner.

I have switched the ethernet-cables and ports around and my computer connects to the Internet just fine. I have been thinking that could my ethernet port on the Xbox have been damaged? But if so, why can I connect to Live for a short while and then my connection just fades away and could there be anything I can do to revive the port?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

This definitely sounds odd. Does this occur consistently no matter what you're doing? Or is it after starting games? Lastly, you mentioned being at another location. Were you able to connect fine there?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It is consistent. It seems like when the router "heats up" (ie. is on for a while) my Xbox can't connect. Doesn't matter if the Xbox has been on or off or I've played games or not. No connection. Funny thing is, my computer, connected to the same Zyxel box works like a charm, no matter what.

Ok, this morning, everything was off for the night. I wake up, power up my Xbox and router and can connect... for ~10 minutes, then nothing. I turn off the router and let it cool off a few minutes and turn it back on -> I can connect... for ~10 minutes. My computer was off (I even pulled the ethernet cord from the router), but I have a strong feeling it would've connected fine, as it is doing right now. So the question seems to be: Why does my Zyxelbox hate my Xbox and refuse its internet connection?

I was at another location, but didn't have an internet connection there, so couldn't test Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have same problem,disconnecting after 5 minuts

Sorry this didn't help.

The orininal problem still remains. My Xbox won't connect and my pc will. Now I have a new test subject, an LG tv with internet connectivity. It reacts quite oddly.

If I turn off my router/modem and pull every other ethernetcable other than the tv's, and then power it back up, the tv seems to connect to internet allright. It finds the network, it can find out that there is a software update to be loaded etc. I am not yet certain for how long this state of affairs would remain if left alone (ie. no other ethernet cable connected to router/modem).

Then, when I put the cable from my PC to the router/modem, the tv goes crazy. It disconnects from the internet and starts blinking "Wired network is not set. Do you want to set wired network? YES/NO" and "Wired LAN cable disconnected". The screens blink one after the other like 1/second and I can't react fast enough to press any button to the dialog.

And through all of this, my %&!#¤ PC connection stays on, no matter what. Any suggestions/questions anyone? Why does my router/modem want to connect my PC, but not anything else?

Sorry this didn't help.

This certainly sounds like an issue with your router. I'm not seeing your model on our Network Compatibility list, found here: support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live Is it possible to try another router?

Sorry this didn't help.

Trying another router is not possible at this time, but I am starting to lean towards a busted router as you said. What I allso have learned from internet searches is that Zyxell seems to have it's share of defective equipment. So I think I'll just go ahead and buy a new router, I'll get wlan aswell so no harm, no foul.

Thank you, everyone.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please let us know if the new router fixes the issue! :)

Sorry this didn't help.