Live Bandwidth Usage

Hi

Sorry If this is in the wrong place, I have a monthly download limit on my internet and was wondering how much playing online would take up

hope someone can help

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depends how much you played ofcourse. If your cap is somewhere in the 250GB range, then just play away. It doesnt use THAT much bandwidth, believe it or not.

Thanks for the reply my cap is 40gb a month should have mentioned that in my first post sorry

It really depends on what you do online. Just being logged in and browsing around wont take much but downloading large files, streaming netflix, etc. can take quite a chunk and should probably be avoided with your low cap. Playing games shouldn't take up too much bandwidth but it might be worth checking if your ISP provided any sort of bandwidth meter so you can experiment with how long you play.

Kay I'll check for a meter thanks for the help

Its the downloading & streaming ect that you have to watch just gaming wont take you any where near your limit.

I'll just be gaming anyway not interested in the rest of it  

thanks for the help

I get something like 40 gb for the past 5 years (Yes I have been a member that long) and there was a stage me and my bro would play it it for like 6 hours on a Saturday and we have never been over the limit or close to it so it does hardly take any bandwidth at all.

Right thanks all

I have AT&T and we have bandwidth cap. I can't quite remember what it is though. But if I ever actually to hit the cap I will switch ISPs in a heart beat. A bandwidth cap is complete garbage and ISPs shouldn't even have one.

i would like to know how much playing MW3/Halo Reach/Minecraft online would use per hour. I've only got 5 gig of internet to use so i want to be careful about how much I'm using.