live account on the fritz. have i been hacked?

Ok so heres what I got going on.  I havent used my Xbox live account for about 9 months as I have been in Afghanistan.  However, 2 days ago I finally bought a prepaid card and activated my account again.  That night I played for about 4 hours with absolutely no problems whatsoever.  Yesterday I get home from work, turn on my Xbox and join a party my buddy was in.  Immediately, I realized he could not hear my voice through the headset, even though I could tell the Xbox was picking it up by the little sound wave popping up next to the speaker when I was viewing the party.  Anyways while this is going on I'm also trying to join a lobby, I finally get into a game and my connection shows it is at 1 bar.  And I lag out so hard my Xbox froze. After restarting my Xbox, I can no longer join a game at all.  When I bring up the guide with the center button, it shows that I am signed into my live account, however on the dashboard, the big space on the right side of the screen where there are usually ads, says I am not connected to live.  BUT, when I sign OUT of my account and go back to the dashboard, all the ads are there and it acts as though I am connected, which I am.  Also, I have been getting very random error codes not pertinent to my issues at all, for instance 80072ee2 is a code for issues with downloading something -- I'm not downloading anything -- 800705b4 is a code for issues with connecting to Windows Media Center -- I don't even own a PC.  Obviously something crazy is going on with my live account.  My connection is excellent, so don't tell my to restart my router/modem.  I have already tried opening NAT, port forwarding/triggering, and dedicated IP address, NOTHING is working.  Called tech support for 3 hours yesterday, they're no help whatsoever.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Northup!

Since you've been away for awhile and haven't used your account, have you add and update the security info for your Microsoft account? If not, do so! Then on your console, delete your profile (Delete Profile Only) and recover it.

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It also might require changing the password online in between deleting the profile and recovering it.

Sorry this didn't help.

A hack is when someone gets a hold of your gamertag. If it was hacked, it would be either unaccessible to you, or changes would have been made to it by someone else.

Sorry this didn't help.