LIVE ACCOUNT HACKED

I was hacked about a week ago someone changed my password then did it again and again and again when I kept changing it. Finally I contacted Microsoft and I got that they froze my account because this person has apparently went "top of the line" hacking by this person. I still have access to my account via WEBSITE though which is a bit odd. I'm pissed off being hacked sucks. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Dreamliner,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do for you on the forums but you are already in contact with the support folks who have frozen the account and looking in to it. The best thing you can do against "hackers" is secure you information. When you get your account back, go to account.live.com/.../Manage , change your password to a STRONG password (upper, lower, numbers, symbols, at least 12 characters, etc.), set up Two-Step Verification, Phone Numbers, Alternate E-mails, App Authenticator, Trusted Devices, etc. Doing all of this might seem painful at first but it can definitely help you avoid situations such as this. Also, avoid phishing sites (Free MS Points, etc.) and make sure you don't enter your MS account password on any site unless it begins .live.com/..... anything such as login.yourlive.com or other variants are not Microsoft (The domain will be live.com/). Once again sorry to hear about the problems but all we can do is provide advice on making your account more secure and what to be aware of to avoid phishers while your wait for the investigation to complete.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well I would like to have it back pretty soon if you can.

Sorry this didn't help.

We in the forums have no control over that, that's down to the Support team you spoke with before.

Elf is just providing helpful pointers on how to secure the account and avoid future instances of this.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.