Live Account Hacked...

On 6/29 someone made a bunch of points purchases on my live account, and then used my own points on stuff. I've had Xbox live since 2003-2004 and this has never happened. I've never shared my info. I get an email from Microsoft:

Your report of unauthorized access to your Xbox LIVE account was reviewed by our fraud investigations team. We're pleased to let you know that we found no evidence of unauthorized access to your account.

Not only do they email me this, but they did not use the secure email account I gave them to contact me. Really Microsoft? I Called back, and had to submit another fraud report that will take another two weeks with my account locked. This is fustrating!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Are you sure that no-one could have accessed your console and bought these points, a family member or friend perhaps? Microsoft are able to tell on which consoles an account has been active.

Also all email communications will be sent to the email address you are using as your Windows LIve ID, so you may want to change that if you think others have access to the current address http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/manage-live-id.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yea it was just me. I found out someone was buying points through email. it looks like after looking in the forums this is starting to occur more often. I obviously would not buy 8k or whatever it was worth on Microsoft points. Everything has been changed including passwords and credit card info.

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the best way to report a hacked account? A friend of mine had their account hacked and a couple of games were purchased with their points. Because of this we have the ID of the console the games were purchased on and want to report it.

I'm guessing it is the Policy Enforcement Team, but just picking your brains really as I haven't found an answer through searching. How should we report this?

Telephone support is closed in our region til Monday morning.

Sorry this didn't help.

800-4-MYXBOX is the only way. Investigation takes two weeks, the account will be locked. I hope you have a better experience than me!

Sorry this didn't help.

My friend has the account back now, and has changed his password. He is not that bothered about the loss of MS Points even tho it was about 2000 points that were spent on games he doesn't want. (He can still download them, and play them, and get some more 'chievos LOL)

What we would like to do tho, is see that the people who accessed the account get some justice, and as we have the ID it should be possible.

But, we don't want to lose access ourselves while the investigation goes on. Is there any way to report it without getting the account locked?

Seems daft to lock the account now, like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted!

Thanks for the response Kill3r, sorry you had such a bad experience.

Sorry this didn't help.

Call 1800-4My-Xbox to have them open an unauthorized investigation on the account. It could take a few days or even more.

Sorry this didn't help.

Will I lose Xbox LIVE tho? some of the other threads in this forum seem to indicate you only lose the ability to buy things. I really don't want to report it if there will be a loss of Xbox Live for us.

I can't get a straight answer from @xboxsupport on twitter. What are your experiences of reporting unauthorized access? Do you lose access to Xbox Live?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your account gets locked off and is rendered unusable for the duration of investigation. Once the investigation is complete you get the account back complete with XBL.

Sorry this didn't help.

My friend is not willing to lose the use of their Xbox Live account, so this will go unreported. Seems a real shame as we have the offenders Xbox ID so, they could be punished for their actions if it wasn't for this policy of punishing the victim by blocking their access to Xbox live.

Thanks for your help everybody.

Sorry this didn't help.