LIVE Account Hacked - Ongoing

Hi guys.

So just over a month ago (8/10/11) my account was hacked and points spent on FIFA. I rang the support yesterday to enquire why it had taken over the standard 25 days and the guy at the other end was extremely helpful and tried to get information on it. The fraud investigation team said that the investigation was still ongoing. The man on the phone said that he would update the invesigation to priority.

So my question is this; does anyone know how long a priority invesigation should take as I have some online games preordered for next week and I'd like to play them :(.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It seems like you are just about in the timeframe of it being finished, You should be getting an email any day now! Hang in there!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"Priority" is a lie.  If my individual case was every at a 'priority' then receiving threatening phone calls from these kids, having my account compromised, gamertag stolen, charges made and a police file submitted -- surely raises the stakes beyond simple credit card fraud.

The tier 1 XBOX Live agent would have no information on file that the "fraud investigation team" said anything, including "the investigation was still ongoing".

If the account you're using now is the same WLID associated with your GT that was hacked and you're writing on these forums -- your UA hasn't been touched and/or they've decided not to lock out your account completely.  At most they may have invalidated your payment method temporarily.

My advice would be to concern yourself less with the online games you've pre-ordered and more with the notion someone out there has gained unauthorized access to your account, your personal information, potentially name/address/last four of your credit card or paypal account on file, etc.

Sorry this didn't help.

The "Tier 1" agent can indeed tell that the case is in the correct queue to be worked on... so that means the case is still ongoing. Assassin, you should check your email today about your investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.

Of course they can tell you that it's been dispatched to the PET.  They can't tell you ANYTHING ELSE.  They can't tell you that PET employee xxx logged yyy note on zzz date.  If they CAN, they aren't with me.  I've had four UA SR's opened with MS over five months; at no time during any of them were notes added as part of a 'progress report'.  And since when did I state "tier 1" could NOT tell the case was in the correct queue?  Go back and read.  I suggested "tier 1" could not give you anything more than "the investigation was ongoing".

For heaven's sakes, I've had my local police department contact Microsoft's "private line" to reach a PET member and been told "the investigation is still ongoing".  They're freakin POLICE!

Sorry this didn't help.

@Gwyther...THIS poor guy is why it makes sense to not wait until the 25 days is up...it isn't taking 25 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can only tell you how long it has taken for me. I put in a call to xbox support on August 10, 2011 (91-days ago) and am still waiting for my investigation to be completed. I call weekly and they tell me the same thing of no time frame for completion. I hope you get results a lot faster than myself

Sorry this didn't help.

And this poor guy...and all the others that have gone well beyond 25 days.

Sorry this didn't help.