Live account email issue...

When I registered my Live account on my box years ago, I used my (then) email addy *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. This was my default email address issued by my ISP. Since that time, a new company (Windstream) has purchased my ISP and taken over all accounts in my area, and as part of this process they changed my email to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Same account, just renamed for the new company.

This has presented me with a problem, as my Live account is registered under the old address, and any emails sent to the old Alltel address are not forwarded, keeping me from adding the Windstream email as a contact because of the confirmation step. I tried to edit my existing Live account to reflect the new email, but it sends a confirmation email to the old address, which is no longer accessible. To further complicate things, I registered and was accepted into the Xbox Live Dashboard Update Beta program, so I cannot simply create a new Live account. What can I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You are able to change your Windows LIVE ID on the console, here: support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not sure you grasp the entirety of my situation. I am part of the Dashboard Beta program AND the email that my account is registered to was changed, so even if I try to add my new email account a confirmation is automatically sent to my old account. Since I cannot access the old account, there is no way to confirm the change. If I change accounts altogether, won't that somehow negatively affect my role in the Beta program? Would I lose my achievement score?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Curtain! I'm a little confused about exactly what you are saying here. When you try to change your WLID, it doesn't require an email confirmation. You follow the steps that Portia linked to change it on the console; all you need is the current WLID and password, and the new WLID and password. Have you tried this and are you getting an error when you try this? Let me know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.