Live account doesn't believe that I am me and won't let me on!

Hi,

A while ago, Microsoft decided that I wasn't me any more, and stopped me being able to log into my account.

I went to prove that I was me, but the email address that I'd registered with had expired. So I went to the "none of the above options are available to me".

I filled in the form. I submitted it.

I managed to change the password.

It still doesn't believe it's me.

When it was just my MSN account that wouldn't log in, it was annoying. I stopped using MSN because of it.

But now it's on my 360 as well. I can't log in which means I don't have access to my Gold membership, nor my games, nor my trophies....

NOT good at all.

How can I get Microsoft to believe that I am me?

The account I am posting from is my company account which I registered for BizSpark - this is not the account that has the problem, which is my personal account  which I had for many years, which is why I've forgotten all the usual information.

Can anyone help? I've tried all the usual forms but they just never clear my account to log in, and without this I can't change my email address to my current one, nor can I change the credit card details to an active one, or anything else.

I refuse to let MS just take away all my games that I've purchased though, so I need this account back.

Can anyone help?  I've not posted what my account is here because I don't know if that's sensible - if an admin can help then naturally I can tell him by PM.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Flyer! If you can no longer access your account and the online forms have not helped you resolve it, you're only remaining option would be to contact us directly and speak with an account agent. If you can satisfactorily prove your identity and ownership of the account, they may be able to help you here. Please let us know how that goes, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'd love to say that I'd solved the problem, but alas I'm still locked out of my Xbox.

I looked for the answer, and eventually found a phone number that was not a premium-rate number. So I phoned it, and got through to a very friendly guy who was very helpful. He gave me a URL to go to to get my Live account unblocked - for some reason I had to go to a Hotmail support page?!

Anyway, I did what he said, and I submitted my request to kindly unblock my account so I could get to my subsciptions (which I'm still paying for!).

I then got an email back saying "We have received your email! We'll get back to you within 24 hours."

That was on Saturday.

Nothing.

Still locked out.

I've replied to their email just in case anyone reads the reply-to address.

No answer.

So far I'm not terribly impressed. MS just arbitrarily kicked me out of my own account and won't let me back on despite the fact I'm paying for it. That's not a good thing....

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry to hear that Flyer. As I mentioned though, if the online forms are not working for you the only folks that can directly help you are those over chat or phone. We here on the forums just don't have access to that information. I'd suggest ringing up phone support again and use the reference number they gave you to pick the issue back up. Please keep us updated as to how it goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.