Live account and console account

Hello,

I created this account a few years ago, from a PC, after my console crashed, to get it repaired.

I never actually connected the console to the network.

Now I want to connect to XBOX live to download some additionnal content for a game.

But when I try to connect from the console, the only option I have is to "Join XBOX live". When I enter the information for this account, it says that the identifiant is already linked to another gamertag. So it can't create a "new" gamertag because this one already exists.

But this account is linked to my console (it has the serial number and all).

So my question is, is there a way to match this online account with the info on my console?

I could use "recover gamertag", but if I understand I would lose all achievements and history. I will if I have to, after all the gamerscore is mostly for pride, but is there any other way?

Thank you for your help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You will have to choose the option to Join Xbox LIVE and create a new gamertag, otherwise you will lose everything.

If you want to use your email address from the "dummy" account, you will need to change it to something else, as that will free up your email address to use on your main gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.