Little tip on the E-74 error

my friend kate fixed this error (not fully) by slanting my xbox360 to a different angle, i had mine face down at first then she tilted it on its side and for some odd reason it works again, it is a little faulty but its playing perfectly now, if it does not work for you it may take up to 10 goes of pushing the power button on your xbox

try leaving your xbox360 on for at least 5-10 mins, then keep pressing the power on and off UNTILL it responds and works :)

good look, i hope you get the same success as i did, now im able to play my new xbox360 game dynasty warriors 7!! :D

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

There's no way to permanently fix an E74 fault. Power-cycling the console isn't going to help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

there is a peminent way to fix it, but it costs hella load of money, and i did not mean keep turning it on and off randomly, turn the xbox around on its side or on its belly. then jump start it. and continue to do this till it comes on

it did it for me.

it might not work for others but least they cant try it - chances are if there lucky and dont give up it may work :)

i would not post this if it did not work for me. i know how it feels to loose your xbox and have your fave games there for you waiting to play and you cant.

Note: this may not work for many

if people do not believe me i shall prove it with pictures

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="XNinjaJemmaX"]there is a peminent way to fix it, but it costs hella load of money,[/quote]That's not a "fix", that's buying a later generation of console.[quote]if people do not believe me i shall prove it with pictures[/quote]You do whatever you want. Your console is among the walking dead.

Sorry this didn't help.

my console is working, so im not complaining lol. so im sharing my progress of "how" i did it in hopes it works for others too

i dont know how it works by this but somehow it does. or at least mine does.  im pretty possitive it wont fix the initial problem and will still do this error(i still get it) but then it works again.. its unexplainable really

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a reason why you just don't take advantage of the console warranty? What you are explaining is not a FIX, just a temporary solution. It is good that it works for you but I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this if their warranty is still in place and/or anyone can afford to repair/replace the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

my boyfriend baught the xbox for me, and it doesnt have a warrenty -.- otherwise i would of taken advantage of it. im not that stupid.

its just a tempary "solution", it doesnt last long because my stupid DONKEY xbox is doing the error again.

sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. i just did this trick so i could play my new game even if it is temp, but since my bday presant is going to be xbox live gold, i need a new stupid xbox, although all of them are rubish because i seem to think the makers of this obviously make a fault so we "have" to take it back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please watch the profanity - it's against the Code of Conduct. We do recommend if you have an E74 error that you schedule a repair, here: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Sorry this didn't help.