Literally CANNOT PLUG in my chat headset

I feel like I'm going to wreck it from pushing.  I thought I was missing something, looked all over the internet and can't even find anyone with the same problem.  

I know by pictures what to do so I'm not stupid putting it upside-down or anything like that.  I'm thinking of bringing it in to an EBgames and getting a clerk to try it I've tried multiple times and no dice.

I don't really care so much for the chat headset, but I was thinking of getting XO Four's for at night so I can have volume while others are getting into bed - BUT I can't risk spending over $100 if I can't even plug the bloody things into the controller.  I either have a defective chat headset or a defective controller...haven't been able to plug it in since launch!

Anyone else had this issue?  If so, what did you do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I have had this issue with my day one controller. My regular controller and my titanfall controllers are fine. I don't know what the problem is. Because I have two other controllers I have just been using those when I want to talk on my headset.

Because it's specific to the day one controller, I assume that it is a problem with the female connection in the base of the controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.