Linked Parental Account - Major Bug.

I'm currently 17.  When I made my XBL account, I wasn't clever enough to provide false information regarding my age, therefore it was required that I attach a parental account to my own.  This e-mail was *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (for example), and it was the same e-mail attached to my dad's XBL account.

He changed the e-mail for his account a while back (and had to go through some unnecessarily difficult loops to do so, I might add), and his new e-mail was *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.  When he switched e-mails, he deactivated his previous e-mail/WLID, and switched everything out with his new one.

I'm attempting to set up a Raptr account right now, and I went to my privacy settings on xbox.com, and lo and behold, the dreaded 'log into parental account' page came up.  So, given the fact that I know more about my dad's e-mails and passwords than he does, I entered the exact same e-mail (and password) that he has now.  Since he switched all of his information, I assumed my parental account would have switched as well.  However, it says that the account is not my parental account.

Frustrated, I attempted to enter my dad's old account information (this was the account that used to be my parental account), but when I did this, it said that the account doesn't exist.  Duh.  My dad deactivated that account months ago.

So here I am.  I can't edit any of privacy settings, download any mature content, or do anything requiring parental consent due to this infuriating problem with the WLID/XBL interface.

Does anyone have any advice?  Is there a way to deal with this without having to create an entirely new XBL account?

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Greetings, AuttoBen! Thanks for bringing your question to the forums! I would recommend getting in touch with phone support about this issue. We can't do anything to help with this here, but phone support should be able to help get this sorted out! Hope this helps. Hang in there and let me know if you have any further questions. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.