Like everyone else, issues.

Alongside several small issues that I can live with, there is one major one that I just can't let slip. The wifi at my apartment is really shoddy, some gameplay online is very slow and laggy, so naturally I get my ethernet cable and I hardwire myself in for a guaranteed fast, stable connection, right? Apparently not. My Xbox One will tell me that my connection is Wired, and I will check my connection, and it will tell me I'm connected to the internet, but when I run detailed diagnostics, the details come back as if I have no internet. I thought maybe it would be cosmetic, and that I actually had internet, but that's not the case. I couldn't connect to live or play any game online, and it kept telling me "You're too young to access online content in this game." to boot.

It's not my ethernet cable, because I use the same one on my pc, which just patched Elder Scrolls Online at upwards of 26 mB/s.

I understand the launch may have been rushed, and there are plenty of people working on the problems, but it's getting really hard to stay committed to what was supposed to be the greatest console to date when I can't even play it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Try this link : support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

Make sure you have UPnP enabled on the router as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

with wich game are you having this msg ? You're too young to access online content in this game." battlefield 4 ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have access to the router. It's campus wifi, only god know's where it's at. I'm not even talking about wifi, I'm talking about hardwiring my xbox into the internet via ethernet cable. There is no reason why I shouldn't be pulling internet with my ethernet cable.

I can assure you, time and time again, that I've tested, retested, used, and reused this exact same ethernet cable. There is nothing wrong with the cable itself.

I've tried setting up my own router, but the pc I built conveniently didn't come with a wifi adaptor, so there's no way I can access my router through my pc, even when it's wired in. The router just won't appear.

Guys. I just want my ethernet port to work.

Sorry this didn't help.