Lifetime bans just for Avatar altering? Really???

It seems like all of the lifetime bans that I am reading about for merely altering your avatar is sort of like getting the electric chair for stealing a pack of gum at 7-11.  Seems a bit excessive to me, considering that a lot of these kids have been building up their accounts for years, not to mention buying map packs, etc. for huge sums of money that is flushed down the drain.  I am just asking that the enforcement committee reconsider these bans and perhaps just issue a 30 day suspension instead.  The punishment does not fit the crime!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

XxDallasFan91xX had 4 years online and Had over $1000 on it and i get banned for some avatar coloration come on really reconsider this. i Dont even have the urge to play xbox no more

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its in the TOS you had to agree to when you made your account.  Don't break the rules and you wont be perma banned again.  You are more than welcome to post in the suspension forum so they can link you to the exact part of the tos that states what results in a ban.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you read the Term's of Service it said: "Do not use any method to alter, or get avatar items, Xbox Live Multilayer ranks, or boosting gamer score, if you shall do so, you will receive a ban from the Xbox Live enforcement team" Sorry you should of read that box before you signed up, instead of click "Yes" box :/

Sorry this didn't help.

Well for starters MS did not design the profile coding to be used on a PC which is what you have to do in order to alter the color/appearance of your avatar via unapproved third party software. You agreed in the XBL Terms of Service that you would use only original equipment and software. When you decided to ignore that contract you forfeit everything associated with your account including the privilege of connecting to XBL.

MS is right, you are wrong (in this situation)...

You're lucky, many companies would actually take legal action against you/anyone for altering their software/violating the contract you signed.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't demand that the deal be changed after you broke it either.

Sorry this didn't help.