licsense troubles

I recently moved to korea for a job. When I arrived i bought a new xbox360(recovered old gamertag meow6666666). After about 6 months I decided to download the games I had purchased from the marketplace with the old xbox back in Georgia. I came online and followed the instructions for the license transfer. I assume that something went wrong or I messed something up. When I look at it now on xbox.com it says that all my licsenses belong to my current XBOX, but.... when I add them into my download que, whether from xbox.com or my console, it says that the license does not belong to this console(it says this on the download que on the console, not the web page). So my xbox and xbox.com are contradicting eachother even though its the same account. =/

Well, I download them anyways, I wait the few hours since they are large games, and when they get to 100% it says "Cant Download 'whatever' ". It will still save the game to my hard drive, but it says its corrupted and it is unplayable. Pretty much just occupying memory space. I have tried re downloading, and initiating the download it multiple ways, from xbox.com, the console download history, and the console marketplace. I can not fix it. =(

I am not sure if it is a licsensing problem or a overseas problem or whatever....

But I payed for those games and I want to play them.

Other notes:

I have tried calling support but they can not help.

I only get this problem with the larger tittles I own(Hitman, RAINBOW 6, MOH), not arcade games I have purchased or free games/demos, ect.

Anyone think they know whats up?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

the only error i get is "Can't download this item."

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

no ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good thing telephone support doesnt help. I have consulted numorous agents, and even been hung up on for profanity.

I am not the real victim though, me, being someone who usually lives in the US but gets stationed overseas sometimes.

My problem is temporary, and will be resolved when I get back to the states(in 6 months).

The real victim is the small opposite, someone who visits the US and buys a game in the US, then leaves forever... sucks to be them i guess..

Good job sweeping those guys under the rug microsoft, how much money do you make from just a data transfer and the creation of a digital liscense, let alone somebody that can never use that liscense again.

just going off what was just explained to me by tele support...  delete my post now

Sorry this didn't help.

Your account region must match your physical region. If you are using a US account in Korea, you will continue to have issues. You can create a Korean account if you wish to purchase and download from the Marketplace.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have already purchased..? like 4 major tittles and several other arcade games... what sence does that make?

spend more money for microsoft? then never be able to use those games again when i get back to the us

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are no longer physically located in the same region that you purchased the games from, you will still have trouble downloading them. As I said before, physical region and account region must match for best use.

Sorry this didn't help.