License Transfer

Im curious. by transferring the licenses i should be able to play all full arcade & indie games without having to be online. right?

i did a license transfer earlier for that reason so i hope it works. i followed the instructions as directed. instead of automatically downloading content from the Transfer process. i instead went to My Account > Purchase History under Membership & Content. i chose everything i wanted to re download.

when i get on my xbox i check the active downloads. every single item is pending... and they all have a "Assigned to other console" next to them. i come here (xbox.com). under My Account i go to Transfer Content Licenses under Device Management. there is my new Console ID & a total of all the licenses. on my xbox i go to the System Settings > Console Settings > System Info. there is my Console ID which matches the ID on the website.

i ended up going to my active downloads. selecting a game & chose download now. it then asked me if it should download just that game or all items. i chose all of course.

im concerned it didnt go through in some odd way. i dont want any future licensing issues & am curious why it claims the downloads are assigned to another console.

oh yea, i purchased some themes that seem to have disappeared. they would be displayed only if i was online. when i tried to add them to the queue it gave me the error message "Sorry, this item is no longer available.". i deleted them from my xbox thinkin it was a license glitch/error before i realized it wasnt available. ill look again on xbox right now. but if anyone knows any extra info that would help.

thanks for taking the time to read through this & for any extra info or help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Don't worry about the download queue, it works separately from the License system. Major Nelson can explain better than I majornelson.com/.../how-the-xbox-360-download-queue-works as to the missing items you should be able to grab them again from your purchase history, even if they've been removed from the marketplace.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ok so no worries with that. i have internet issues & sometimes i cant connect for a while. with all the licenses on the xbox ill be able to play arcade & indie games offline. yay or nay?

Sorry this didn't help.

i did the same thing but when i did it it said opps something went wrong. and i cant get my map packs on my other gamertag

Sorry this didn't help.

that sucks

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately Raymundo you will need to do a transfer license to transfer the content licenses to that Xbox 360 console from a previous one. You can't just redownload them to a new console. However do note that content licenses can not be transfered between gamertags only consoles. For steps to do a license transfer please visit support.xbox.com/.../play-xbox-live-content

Sorry this didn't help.