License transfer

Hi

Last week my xbox console was banned, I already reported and I understand the reason of the console ban. My guess is that someone download a profile and did something wrong.

Anyway, I want to  transfer my HDD to a new console but I have this concern; I don't know if they download anything to my HDD with this "bad" profile that caused the console ban, if that content stays in the HDD, can my new console still be banned for that content? Do I need to erase all data before changing the HDD from the banned console to the new one?

And how can i know if my profile is banned? I have one silver and one gold (this is the silver one). My main issue with all this is that if my new console is going to use all the content of the HDD with no problem, and if someone download something or use a profile that caused the console ban remains in the HDD, and for some reason, without knowing i use it, my new console is going to be banned. I really don't want to erase my HDD there's some dlc that i cannot redownload because some past profiles i don't use anymore :(

Hope you can help. I really need an explanation how this works, whats happening to my HDD, and if I need to do something else than just put it from one console to the other..

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I found this info on the issue for you:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/xbox-live-console-ban 

This is the support section of xbox.com for questions like this.  Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Under the FAQ for console bans, it states this:

-

"Can I move my hard drive to an unmodified console?"

"Yes, you may move your hard drive to an unmodified console."

-

So yes, you can transfer Hard Drives without moving the console ban to the new console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I know that :P

But I was informed that my console was banned because I use a profile that was stolen. My guess is that someone that used my xbox last week did it, but i don't know if that content is still on the HDD; so let's say that I put my HDD from my banned console to the new one, ok everything's good so far, but without knowledge I play the content that banned my console on the first place; do I still have a chance to get ban again for using that dlc or whatever content that remains in the HDD?

That's my concern. I really don't want to erase all the data I have :(

Thanks for the help :)

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="lpzogad"]

Well I know that :P

But I was informed that my console was banned because I use a profile that was stolen. My guess is that someone that used my xbox last week did it, but i don't know if that content is still on the HDD; so let's say that I put my HDD from my banned console to the new one, ok everything's good so far, but without knowledge I play the content that banned my console on the first place; do I still have a chance to get ban again for using that dlc or whatever content that remains in the HDD?

That's my concern. I really don't want to erase all the data I have :(

Thanks for the help :)

[/quote]If that may be the case, go to Settings -> System -> Storage and delete everything you find that isn't yours or attached to your own profiles.

Sorry this didn't help.