License Transfer?

My friend wanted to know if he could download my account on his Xbox so he could get some certain DLC's that I have and he doesn't, is that legal? Because I don't want to have my account banned. Please answer? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

The best thing to do is stay away from a situation like that. If you come across a situation that sounds like you could be banned, then it's best to not do it.

Letting your friend have access to your account is against the terms so yes that in itself could get you banned. He would not be able to transfer the DLC to his actual account.

A license transfer would transfer the licenses from your console to his so he could have access to the content, but that would mean you would have to be signed into Live at all times to use your downloaded content and no other profiles on your console could access the content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No this would be against T&C I'm afraid and you could get your account banned. Game sharing is not allowed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Each DLC that you purchase or do decide that you like is signed to your own xbox/user name and can really only be used on that machine. When I have upgraded my xbox from the very first one to the Elite to the newest one I have had to transfer my account over which used to be done over the phone and is now done via the net & I think that your also only allowed to do this once a year, so I am afraid with the others above I would avoid this and may be say to your friend that if he/she likes it that much, support the market place and buy it for themselves! :)

Sorry this didn't help.