License Transfer question

I got a new xbox and transfered my license to it, then the console started having issues so I'm returning it to the retailer since I just got it. Problem now is my License transfer isn't up until 11/4/2011.

With the new console will I be able to play my downloaded content since it's licensed to the returned console?

With the new console will I be able to download my content that is licensed to the returned console?

Can I buy new content without my License being transferred to the new console?

And If I do buy content and then on 11/4/2011 I perform the License transfer will the content all be alright?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

1) You'll be able to play your content with the new console providing you are signed into Live with the account that purchased it. Unfortunately until you can do another license transfer other accounts wont be able to access it unless you are also signed in and you wont be able to access it when offline.

2) Yes you will be able to download all your content. You might get the 'Assigned to Another Console' message when viewing Active Downloads though. That is easy to solve, just go to Active downloads and choose to Download All Items.

3) Yes. You can buy content new content and the license for that will belong to the new console and your gamertag.

4) It's another yes. When you do the license transfer in November all content bought since the new console will still 'belong' to your new console, just as the old stuff then will.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.