Library Sharing

How can i share my digital library with a friend in another city?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can't.

The cry babies got their way.

I hope Microsoft brings back the original policies in the near future.

Too bad...though i thought downloaded games can still be shared

[quote user="Bird125"]

You can't.

The cry babies got their way.

I hope Microsoft brings back the original policies in the near future.

[/quote]

Xbox live PLATINUM.

I was really looking forward to this feature as well. Sadly the policy changes killed a lot of good features to fix a single complaint that the Xbox One would need to check-in online every day or two. You cannot say, just because we were not going to reliant on physical media, that Microsoft was going to take away sharing or trading games. We never got to see their hand on these features and know they were working on digital solutions for both.

if you add your account to his box as a home xbox you can and vice versa

it was all to do with the 24hr check in and some people not having an internet connection

It was because most gamers are in nuke submarines or on aircraft carriers....or live in a dark cave. But they all had enough internet to swamp message boards and forums to whine about it. ;)

[quote user="proneto911"]

it was all to do with the 24hr check in and some people not having an internet connection

[/quote]

Seriously? Dozens of threads on this topic and people still posting this misinformation.

People complained because of why we needed the 24hr check in not because of it.

Read Microsoft's policy here http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license . Re-read the last two paragraphs ( their disclaimer ).

Now Google or Bing "Xbox One DRM developer publishers" and see how much information you find regarding publishers and developers who were on board with the program. You won't find any.

You guys drank the Microsoft Kool-Aid and didn't bother to see if they could make good on any of their promises. Thankfully some of us don't like Kool-Aid.

Ok first off the 24hr check in had everything to do with the DRM policies. How would they check to see if the blue ray codes are being used right. 24hr check in or everything would run wild and as well as the diskless policies. So do me a favor and do your research before you write anything

[quote user="proneto911"]

Ok first off the 24hr check in had everything to do with the DRM policies. How would they check to see if the blue ray codes are being used right. 24hr check in or everything would run wild and as well as the diskless policies. So do me a favor and do your research before you write anything

[/quote]

What am I researching? You just agreed with me.

People were upset about the codes or keys on the disk. The 24 hr check in was simply the means to enforce it, it wasn't the primary issue.