Left Stick issues on 3 controllers

I have four Xbox One controllers, and three of them are suffering from "Left Stick Drift."  At first I thought nothing of it, thinking it was just friends *** with menus, until it happened while I was the only one playing. I went to look into what could be the problem, and started with the sticky "Controller Issues? Start here" post. This wasted a good couple hours of my time. Then after doing a bit more research;  I see this forum littered with posts about the same problem, and google searches turn up hundreds of posts about it.

So far the only option I've found to get any sort of service is the automated system, that asks for $60 per controller. Thanks, but no thanks. I could do that at BestBuy, Gamestop, or Amazon. 2 of my controllers are "special" being a Day 1 and a Titanfall edition, and I'd like to get them replaced like for like. Well, I'd like them replaced with the same ones if they aren't going to break again. Does the new "Covert Forces" controller have similarly fragile analog sticks? What about the new Elite controller? If you are asking $150 for a controller, it better not break in a year MS...

My controllers have less than 100 hours of play on each of them, as I'm a very infrequent gamer these days. This is the first time in my 25 years of gaming that I've ever had a controller break. I have 360 controllers from 5 years ago that still work great. I have original PS3,2,1 controllers, all still working. Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, N64! All original controllers, that have no issues, some being more than 10 years old! Judging by the number of posts about the topic, it's pretty obvious the problem isn't with me, but these cheaply made controllers. 

I find this completely unacceptable, and would like all three of my controllers replaced, with no charge. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Wylyth,

Completely understand your frustration. There's a rather large thread for this controller issue that is now locked, but I recommend you refer to Mister Quimby's verified post for guidance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The "Guidance" wasted a few hours of my time attempting updates, fresh batteries, unplugging consoles, sacrificing goats, etc etc.  The "contact us" page offers two choices. This forum, or tweeting at someone who can't do anything to help. If you could provide the support phone number, instead of making me hunt it down, that would be awesome.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to see that the steps didn't work for you, Wylyth! You can reach us over phone by using this link, or you can set up a repair on our Online Service Center after you register your console.

Sorry this didn't help.