Left analog stick now drifts.

Hello everyone. I'm coming on here to see if anyone has had this problem yet. It's REALLY early for my controller to have drift, as my Xbox 360 controllers didn't get their drift for a while.

It's almost been two months and now this controller has drift in it's left analog stick. My real question is: Does anyone know of a quick way to fix this without having to buy or use my second controller? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not sure how to fix but a friend of mine has this issue with his day1 control. Still works but is disappointing that its happened so soon let alone at all.

Wouldn't know a fix, I myself have now got a day one controller which is useless as the mic port is loose and won't allow me to use my mic but as Blitz said really disappointing  

Day one controllers seem to have been made with a lower quality assurance.

Mine had a problem with the dpad (didn't register pressing up most of the time) my friend got yhe drift after 6 weeks and another friends mic port stopped working properly!

The replacement normal pads so far are alot better.

My day one left thumb also got the drift after about a month ..

My normal controller(bought a week later) is Good for now though

just started getting it a few weeks ago , Im not a huge gamer , a couple of hours every other day on average... can i send it away for warranty? getting real sick of looking foolish on madden and nba :)

[quote user="Shadey X360A"]

Hello everyone. I'm coming on here to see if anyone has had this problem yet. It's REALLY early for my controller to have drift, as my Xbox 360 controllers didn't get their drift for a while.

It's almost been two months and now this controller has drift in it's left analog stick. My real question is: Does anyone know of a quick way to fix this without having to buy or use my second controller? 

[/quote]I have a 360 silver controller that did that from the start it was the right stick. Send it in or just purchase another.

I have not experienced this yet with my One controller.  I got the standard X1, not the day one and I haven't experienced any issues thus far with my controller.

I remember hearing a long time ago that older consoles re-calibrate the sticks themselves as long as you reboot the game and system with the stick in dead centre. I don't know if that's true for the X1 and I doubt that's even the problem but try double checking your thumbstick is dead centre and then doing the full reboot procedure.

[quote user="LowG187"]

just started getting it a few weeks ago , Im not a huge gamer , a couple of hours every other day on average... can i send it away for warranty? getting real sick of looking foolish on madden and nba :)

[/quote]

I'm sure you'll be able to get warranty, it may not be a huge failure but it's faulty and you paid for it. if you're not happy, you're entitled to the replacement. Just be aware that the new warranty procedures mean you won't have a controller for a few days while it's away.

My day 1 left thumb button lasted 1 press of the L3 button before dropping in its socket. Wasn't heavy handed with it either.

Took it back to Game when I had the chance and they replaced it with a std version. No quibbles.