LCD TV Help ?

I didn't know where else to post this..

But I really need some help from some gamers..

I have narrowed it down to two TV's.

They are;

Hisense 42" HL42K300PL FULL HD LED LCD TV.  Contrast Ratio: 2,500:1   - $500

OR

LG 42" 42LS5700 FULL HD LED LCD SMART TV. Contrast Ratio 5,000,000:1 . 100 Hz True Motion - $700

Now, the question is.. is the extra $200 worth it ? Or will I get the same gaming experience from the Hisense ? I don't want to spend that extra money for no reason.
(I'm mainly using the tv for gaming)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

When you get the LG, if your using HDMI, check to see if you can rename your HDMI input to "PC". it will make the experience a whole lot better.

Thanks for ALL the replies guys.. I have learnt alot.

Will be going the LG.

[quote user="LiquidKnives89"]

Go with LG cause I have never heard of the "Hisense" brand.

[/quote]Plus the LG is a smart TV, you don't need to run your xbox to watch any netflix or NHL game center!! <<< Best reason, lol  I just bought a NO-Name HDTV or second TV an I wish I had spent the extra $200 on an LG that was a 43-45 inch (cant remeber all I know is it was bigger than the 42 I have now) I have a 42 Toshiba witch is nice but its LED, I kind of liked the LCD better..

If someone is seeing lag in their tv, they better get another tv. lol  

I have never noticed any lag either, but it is what it is I suppose.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="Dubbmented"]

I didn't know where else to post this..

But I really need some help from some gamers..

I have narrowed it down to two TV's.

They are;

Hisense 42" HL42K300PL FULL HD LED LCD TV.  Contrast Ratio: 2,500:1   - $500

OR

LG 42" 42LS5700 FULL HD LED LCD SMART TV. Contrast Ratio 5,000,000:1 . 100 Hz True Motion - $700

Now, the question is.. is the extra $200 worth it ? Or will I get the same gaming experience from the Hisense ? I don't want to spend that extra money for no reason.
(I'm mainly using the tv for gaming)

[/quote]

Yes in this case it looks like the extra $200 will be well worth it.  You almost always want the tv with the Higher refresh rate.  The LG with 100hz true motion will look much better for gaming.  The true motion will help reduce motion blur for sure compared to the Hisense.   Also keep in mind almost all electronic stores give you 30 days for a full refund if you are not happy with the product.   When it comes to LED and LCD screens, 120hz refresh rate and 240hz refresh rate make a huge difference for gaming. I have never seen any "lag" that the person above mentioned.  

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

[quote user="bstn617"]

Xbox outputs 60hz so that's not really an issue,  you want a tv with low input lag.

[/quote]

Sorry, but that is incorrect. Put and Xbox game on a 60hz tv and then the same game on a 120hz, 240hz or 480hz and the difference is night and day. I have 240hz and it is way way waaaaaay better. The refresh rate is so much quicker plus that mean there is less motion blur etc

[/quote]

This is 100% correct. 

2ms monitor FTW!!!!

http://hometheater.about.com/od/televisionbasics/qt/framevsrefresh.htm

This link explains it far better than I could.

Also keep in mind as far as lag goes we are talking fractions of a second. The wireless controller creates input lag, the frame rate creates input lag, digital TVs have processing lag, the console it's self has rendering lag that can't be avoided. It really only matters if you are anal about every fraction of a second in MP shooters... which I am!

If you want the lowest lag you can get, buy and old CRT TV and use a wired pad:)

[quote user="BubonicBeast"]

Setting your TV to a higher refresh rate increases lag because it increases processing. You are not magically making the input (the console) higher, you are adding extra frames into the refresh which gives the impression of a smoother picture. Yes smoothing can make the picture appear to have less motion blur, but you are increasing lag while you are doing it: bad for gaming.

All modern TVs that I am aware of have a 'gaming mode'; this mode turns off all processing to reduce lag. If increasing the screen refresh rate (the smoothing trick) was better for gaming it would automatically be enabled in 'gaming mode'.

Input lag is the time between pressing a button and the screen reflecting that command. Adding more processing increases the input lag.

[/quote]Huh, I didn't know that. Learning something everyday.

Setting your TV to a higher refresh rate increases lag because it increases processing. You are not magically making the input (the console) higher, you are adding extra frames into the refresh which gives the impression of a smoother picture. Yes smoothing can make the picture appear to have less motion blur, but you are increasing lag while you are doing it: bad for gaming.

All modern TVs that I am aware of have a 'gaming mode'; this mode turns off all processing to reduce lag. If increasing the screen refresh rate (the smoothing trick) was better for gaming it would automatically be enabled in 'gaming mode'.

Input lag is the time between pressing a button and the screen reflecting that command. Adding more processing increases the input lag.