Law Student writing paper, Desperately need help!

Hey everyone, 

I am writing a paper for my Internet law class on whether or not X-box chats and x-box messages are admissible in New Jersey Courts. In order to properly write the paper I need to describe how x-box chat is similar to any other type of instant messenger like AOL instant messenger for example or how X-Box LIVE messages are "like" e-mails. Can only one help me make this analogy?  I am having trouble with the actual language of this paragraph. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does not have to be very in-depth! 

Thanks! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm sure the Xbox Messages could hold up...But the person sending the message and the person receiving it would both have to be in New Jersey to fall under the state's laws, correct? If someone wants to get help from law enforcement because a player was making death threats at them, they'd have to tell their local police department to contact Microsoft and Microsoft will work with them to help them find the player. However, as for chatting with voice, it'd be harder to do...But I'm sure it'd still hold up in court.