Launch Titles: More Sony Smoke & Mirrors

Just had a chance to review the Gamescom launch title lists. Sony is hilarious. It's painfully obvious to anyone with a brain that development on the PS4 is way behind and Sony has no idea when their promised launch titles will be finished. So what do they do? They release a list of games as "launch titles" when zero of the games on the list are actually confirmed for launch day but instead are slated by the end of 2013! Oh, I know that some of the games will be available on launch, but which ones?? It is anyone's guess, and its obvious that Sony is doing a massive PR swing here going no one will notice what is actually going on. They have been doing this crap since the PS2 pre release. So many titles promised for launch, pushed back to a year, with some arriving YEARS later or not at all. If Microsoft pulled this same tactic, the fanboys and media would be all over them in an instant. X1's launch titles are confirmed, set in stone, you can bank on them. And the line up is really solid. It pretty much destroys Sony's imaginary launch "schedule" despite the fact Sony's is a complete magic act to cover up that they are easy behind and scrambling. I predict a rough launch for Sony once people actually see the titles available at launch.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Don't forget a fair amount of their 'launch' games are platformers and indie games (not that they wont be fun, but hardly technically demanding). Not a whole lot of AAA titles. I totally believe the MS launch list is much more solid than Sony's

what SONY should have done was release dates then delay them. That works better than open release windows.

LOL after seeing Sony Titles i am even more inclined tp get PS 4 ... Now that Sony is getting Minecraft there is no reason to want to get X1 .

I agree with the indie title smoke and mirrors, dont get me wrong their are a few good indie titles, but for me the majority of them are pretty average at best, and yet Sony seems to think they are their new "bread and butter".  For me, a game like Titanfall will sell far more consoles than a few indie titles (most of which can also be played on an average PC)

To be honest it looked to me that most of the indie titles they announced yesterday would run on a tablet. In fact they just look like tablet games.

I am more impressed with SONYS line up. but Im not very impressed by either Companies offerings.

-

Disclaimer here I dont like racing or fighting games. so for my tastes that knocks out 2 of MS biggest hitters Forza and KI.

-

But I am very interested in Killzone , Planetside 2 and Blacklight.

-

for me the only launch game im missing out on by waiting on X1 is dead rising 3.

Yop...More than a decade that a console didn't got a "must have" game at launch.Xbox & Halo CE was the last.

But for the launch of Xbox one,Microsoft got an "incredible" line up (remember the 360) and also 3rd party got a bunch of games.A very good start for this next gen console....

On Sony side,no comment.

One thing I'll say that MS is lacking is a big exclusive FPS launch title (Like Killzone) MS could have done with having Halo closer to launch

Sony should have just built an ouya.

[quote user="TheSpiralMatrix"]

I am more impressed with SONYS line up. but Im not very impressed by either Companies offerings.

-

Disclaimer here I dont like racing or fighting games. so for my tastes that knocks out 2 of MS biggest hitters Forza and KI.

-

But I am very interested in Killzone , Planetside 2 and Blacklight.

-

for me the only launch game im missing out on by waiting on X1 is dead rising 3.

[/quote] That's just it... Sony doesn't really have a lineup at all! They have promised nothing. I'd say there is a huge chance you won't be playing any of those Sony titles you mentioned on launch day. Do you see what I mean? It's not so much of a knock on the titles themselves as it is pointing out Sony's tactics.