Latest Tech Specs

can someone tell me the latest tech specs of this generation xbox? all i find is info from 2005. is it still the sam 3 core 3.1ghz hyper threaded processor with a custom ati 512 mb video card? or has it improved? i kniw the new consoles have built in wireless and hdmi.

fwiw, i'm considering the 4gb console to use strictlt as a mce extender.

thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

It hasn't been improved at all. Just the Heat control was improved on the S model.

No changes to the hardware - Except for the size of the CPU and GPU.

More info avail here -> en.wikipedia.org/.../Xbox_360_hardware

-

The only mce in the market is xbox 360, unless you can find some used Linksys DMA2100 on ebay/Amazon.

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

No changes to the hardware - Except for the size of the CPU and GPU.

More info avail here -> en.wikipedia.org/.../Xbox_360_hardware

-

The only mce in the market is xbox 360, unless you can find some used Linksys DMA2100 on ebay/Amazon.

[/quote]

And with the last verion before the S model, or with the S model, they incorporated the GPU and CPU into 1 die sink to alleviate some of the heat of the GPU being under the disk drive.

The CPU and GPU on one chip is also the very reason why the Slim console is as slim as it is.  The motherboard is smaller.  It's also cheaper to manufacture with this configuration than the old style.

MS is making tons of profit from the new model. It should be retailing for 100-129

And I bought an Xbox 360S 250 GB HDD for $300 when they first came out...dang.