Latest 360 update May 2011

Hi,
I have a gold subscription for xbox live. Today i logged in too be told i need an update. I do not want too.! now i can not log in too xbox live. Please don't suggest too update because i won't. i am not happy with this sort off "Communist" attitude from Microsoft. Is there another way around this, otherwise i have wasted a fair amount off money..
thank-you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You will need to update your console to have access to the LIVE service. Please see the Terms of Use you agreed to regarding console updates.

-Jim

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I will say it again, I don't want too update my 360!!!  So Microsoft has locked me out of Xbox Live..!. Yes i know about you terms and conditions....

Now what happens too my "Gold Subscription" my "Foxtel Subscription's"? This is what i call "Legal Theft" All that I have paid for because I don't update I will loose these. So in other words you are banning me from entering Xbox Live until I do the update.

This is surely against My right of freedom of the Internet.

This action will see Microsoft on the media as "Bullies", don't care, do it our way altitude. NOT HAPPY MICROSOFT,

I will be another user too sell the 360 and buy a PS3 go Sony

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't be such a baby it's not that big of a deal. The updates are always fixing things and without the updates you'd still be using the same software as back on the first console. You get Last.fm and Netflix now and things have changed. Updates are needed. Just update your Xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

Just as an FYI Sony operate the same system for PSN/PS3s too. What's the big deal about updating anyway?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't want too update because i don't want my machine "bricked", i do have a right too backup software. but those commos at Microsoft think different . get my drift... its modded

If i purchase a vehicle (Holden) and want too change the engine management system, is Holden going too sue me, like hell!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.