Last update bricked my Console

My XBONE downloaded an update thats about 256mb in the background and the next time i turned on the console I got a black screen and e100 error. after countless chats and a phone call they want me to pay 115 dollars to replace the unit. Then through some random act of god, I came home today and turned on the console and it booted like nothing happend. Of course it forced me to do the update again and again it bricked. I cant get it back again and offline doesnt work. theres definitley a poison pill in that update. Something has to be done. I know I cant be the only one. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I can no longer open any programs after downloading the update. I can't click them but they don't open.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@The Chadbert me too, I tried 4 different programs berfore giving up... Still not working.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have to respectfully disagree with tech supprt et all who are saying this is hardware simply because it throws a code. I was able to revive my console twice now. The second time i factory reset, declined the upgrade and have zero issue. as soon as i accept the upgrade i have a brick. this is software related not hardware with all due respect.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this same problem. I was livid when Microsoft wanted me to pay for their screw up.

I did this. Go to this site.

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

Use the Restore Factory Default. It fixed my issue. I tried the above files as Xbox Customer Support told me to do but didn't work. I didn't want to pay $115 since it was their error so what did I have to loose? Was about to phone customer support and freak out on them since the Customer support I chatted with online.

It worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

unfortunately none of the three offline recovery files were recognized by my console. and quite honestly i dont see why we should have to take such measures to fix an obvious software realted issue. As of now my console is up and running at home with auto update off. I will check in with it when i get home from work. amd i will not take an upgrade until i see microsoft fixed this

Sorry this didn't help.

odds are microsofts *** customer service wont help you without having to wait a 3 month period for getting a replacement for anything xbox related I sent my controller in for repairs *** took 3 months to get it back

Sorry this didn't help.

I hate to say it, but it's funny how a lot of people are having the same issues as us. I think it's time for a class action lawsuit against microsoft.

It just *** me off to no end for my 360 I got circular scratches on my disc and Microsoft tries to blame me for it and I never EVER had my 360 on it's side. I find it funny how there are many more 1000's of people with the same issues and now there is a class action lawsuit against Microsoft now because of it. Sadly I can't be part of that lawsuit but I wonder if we can do something about it now or have to wait 10 years to get our issues resolved now.

I also hate to say it, but if my Xbox One frags up again, (can't install some games now, so worried when I buy a new game again.) I will just get a PS4 and Microsoft will have just lost my business.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft tried calling me today. I was at work so it went to voicemail. I wonder what they want.  I hope its not to tell me my hardware is defective again

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, guys. I’m truly sorry to hear about any inconveniences this may have caused. As this is a support forum, if you would like to pursue legal action then we will not be able to assist further. For more information, please visit our Legal and Corporate Affairs page. If you would like to continue troubleshooting, please feel encouraged to start a new thread and we will be happy to assist you there.

Sorry this didn't help.