Languages in XBOX Live and its complete and utter stupidity (Rant but has a point - and a call for help)

The chances that anyone who actually has any influence in this is slim but I personally think this is a huge issue, especially for english people for instance living in different countries.

I currently reside in Germany. Clearly being honest means you get dissed. Why is it, that when I set my English Console to English, with the Regional Setting to English I am forced, as soon as I log on, to view everything in German?

Does anyone have any idea how annoying it is having Kinect, the promots are shown in English but it only respons to German? How discriminating it is to be forced to have a service I pay for, dissrespect my Language preferences?

We talk about globalisation, and we talk about coming together but why is the internet which used to be global, which used to have no borders, appeared in the one place a gamer could be a gamer?

As a gamer you are bound to an account. Creating a new account is NOT an option... I repeat... creating a new account is NOT an option. The service is already payed for, DLC is bought (for UK games also in German I might add)... so to buy everything again is just pathetic.

I come from PS3.. have been a Playstation fanboy for like 14 years. XBOX I got 2 months ago. No multilingual support, no choice in the shop because everything is in german. Please dont use the Publisher excuse either or the german law. If Playstation can do it, why cant Microsoft?

I know this is a rant but the single most annoying thing of the entire experience is the fact that I am forced use a language I personally do not understand, do not want and cannot stand. I am British serving my country in another country, why do I want that language? So Microsoft, please, actually show some respect and offer English as a base language for ALL regions. I do not care if content is not available here, its something i can live with (as stupid and as pathetic that particular law is - why have age control and still not offer it because... its for adults is beyond me).

Is there ANY way, legally for a legal account paid legally by an honest person who stats his address where he actually is to get the language I was brought up on?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Greetings, Eerazor80. We are happy to have the Dashboard available in the official language of the region. If you'd like to offer suggestions or feedback on this topic, please be sure to do so in the Feedback Forums. This will make sure your thoughts reach the optimal audience. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.