language

hey guys everything is set on dutch for me like 70% of things my xbox and when i logg in with this account to any website its all in dutch. i know i can translate it but how can i get set it so its always on english??? please please help

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

Change your Xbox 360 console language

To change the language setting on your Xbox 360 console, follow these steps:

1.Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.

2.Select Console Settings.

3.Select Language and Locale.

4.Select Language.

5.Select the language that you want to use.

To make everything appear in English on the Xbox.com website click here and select United States.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Click Deutschland in the bottom left hand corner of this page & choose your preferred language..

Bookmark the main page..

thankyou both so much appreciated

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]

Click Deutschland in the bottom left hand corner of this page & choose your preferred language..

Bookmark the main page..

[/quote]They don't speak Dutch in Germany.

It doesn't work for me. Sure I can set language and locale to whatever I want/choose/try, but anytime I log into Live I get my menu's and half my onscreen text in Dutch which I don't want.

Apparently changing languages on Live is only possible in "select regions" whichi s just idiotic.

[quote user="DigiLuigi"]

Bookmark the main page..

[/quote]

Deutschland is German for Germany.

Just thought this might be handy. It will only work if more than 1 language is supported in your country. Click here for language FAQ's

Here is what some of it says:

Change your Xbox LIVE account language

If your Xbox LIVE account is set to a country or region that supports multiple languages (for example, Canada), you can change your Xbox LIVE account language. Here’s how:

1. Go to  Billing Account Information.
  2. Sign in using your Microsoft account.
  3. If multiple languages are supported for your country or region, select a language from Preferred Language.

Note The Preferred Language option does not appear if only one language is supported (for example, the United States).
  4. Click Save.

It may take up to 24 hours for this change to take effect on your Xbox 360 console.

The country or region of an Xbox LIVE account cannot be changed once the account is created, but you can select a different language if more than one is available.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

@brandiesel: that doesn't work.

As point 3 says: "IF multiple languages are supported  for your region or country" - and in my case they AREN'T, so I get stuck with whatever Micosoft deems me to have - which in this case is a mashed up mess of Dutch and English ...

[quote user="Invoked by Red"]

[quote user="DigiLuigi"]

Bookmark the main page..

[/quote]

Deutschland is German for Germany.

[/quote]Yeah, no kidding, I translated it correctly didn't I? The OP says everything is in Dutch, so there wouldn't be Deutschland at the bottom of the page. It'll say Nederland instead.

Nano obviously thought Dutch is spoken in Deutschland, so I said "They don't speak Dutch in Germany."