Language requirements

I am having to create a new xboxlive acct because I moved from the states to Taiwan with my wife.  It is bad enough I have to start over with all my games and lose all my DLC and have to get that all over again, if it is still available. And I lose what is left of my MS points. What is funny is that they still managed to get money from an expired card from my bank acct in the states, not one week after I was told that I could no longer use my xboxlive acct because my console location and billing location do not match! Wow. A whole week!

Now the new issue is language. Like 99% of foreigners here, I can speak Chinese but not read it. Or read very little. Also, Taiwan uses traditional characters, not simplified. I set my language settings to English and location to Taiwan. Well, it seems that Taiwan is one of those places that does not have an English service. Why Cambodia has an English service, I have no idea.  When I try to sign up for new xbox live acct, I am told to change the console settings to Chinese. I cant, because then I cannot read or understand anything.

When I try to do it online, the site is completely in Chinese. Not even google translate will help.

Is there anyway I can get my money to MS so I can play my games with new DLC and all that? It is easier to get games in English here.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Did you do a region migration to the states? That should put everything in English. Sign into xbox.com, go to My Account and Xbox Region Migration. It wil require the use of your security proofs if you are not using your security proofs. I will admit I'm not certain about the MS Points, I would think that would transfer, I know the subscription will, but yes certain DLC is not available after a region migration. After that you can go to account.live.com to change that region to USA as well (this will not change the xbox region however) also that is where you manage your security proofs as well.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Men you have a more simple way to do that...

The transfer region is back to active you can (if you want), transfer all your data, DLCs, and licences to taiwan live (and whif no adcional costs!!!) go to your account and go to settings e preferences in xbox web site and go to change xbox acount region follow the steps and it´s done all of your contents and licences go to taiwan (warning you only do that 4 times in the year and in a space of time 3 months one to another change).

The god news is if you remember the position of options, that can´t chance in console in language change.

If i remeber well (i am in work, not in the front of console to inform better).

Go to the last option in dashboard (it´s all ways settings)

go to the top one in the list is settings (if i remeber right)

now go to the second option (or first if i remember, you wiil say how is correct because have only two options in screen, that is your language and region you can put both in english and USA, because the console seach ip don´t the configuration (i know that because i have a USA acount and my region and languague is Brazil and portuguese) after the change confirm and done, 50% of your problem is solved the rest (marketplace languague) will not because all ways enter in local live language (if you moved to stay a long time i advice to search your local embassy and look for school of language to comprende the taiwan language, you can live better and play better!!! or for brick break (like me if english), look for material can a begin to undertand the local language if you like search more if you feal that don´t work school of language is your best option (if you stay for a long time in Taiwan).

P.S: Remeber allways A confirms and B comeback in options!!!

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english.

The bad news is probally MS supend your acount because you didn´t make transfer before use your acount in Taiwan, you can look for a help to rescue your old account in this thread:

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, it appears everything did transfer. Sort of. At least on the PC end. The language thing is still there.

Anyway, I did try to renew or update with my current CC info, things are trcky here with CCs and it was denied, so maybe it was to do with suspended account or whatever. I will check that. Thanks. I wish paypal could be used from here with this. It can for ebay!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm so sorry, I tried to delete it, I thought it was the other way around, I thought you moved to the states, it wouldn't let me delete the post.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.