language in games

Hi,

I bought a xbox one yesterdag, a Fallout package. I downloaded Fallout 3 with the code of the package. Now when I start the game it is in French. I live in Belgium but I speak Dutch (not French nor German). I tried change the language to English and the location to UK but it's still is in French.

How do I change the language? I can't play one the xbox one because I don't speak the language of the game. Did I just wasted my 400 euro early Christmas present?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

Hi there,

The Xbox 360 decides what language to use for games based on you profile, and since fallout 3 is a 360 game, it will base the language on that. Please check the steps on how to change your account language on your billing account via the steps mentioned here: support.xbox.com/.../dashboard-or-hub-in-another-language

Any Xbox One console will determine the language based on the Region setting on the console, so you shouldn't have any game language issues for Xbox One games.

Let us know if changing the preferred language on your billing account solved the fallout 3 language issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i have the same problem on my xbox one with 360 games. Installed and bought in english and plays in damn french...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.