lame party system on xbox one ?

Anyone else think that the new party system for the xbox one is rubbish ? I mean for example if you wana go play a different game online you have to go set a new party up , whats that about ? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have had xbox one senice launch day the ui is not that bad

They restarted UI stuff that they should have kept.

Xbox one party system is absolutely horrible.  Whoever thought of this incredibly outdated and inadequate system needs to pull it together and fix this.  I've always had the xbox over the playstation but this is the kind of stuff that gets people to switch.  This is ridiculous.  

I like it. But I dont like the party systems.

Indeed,  You do not speak for me...  Or a few million others.

[quote user="DADDY BENNY"]It seems that EVERYONE in the world with Xbox One hates the thing. Especially parties and friend options etc.[/quote]Who is this, "EVERYONE", that you're speaking of? 

It seems that EVERYONE in the world with Xbox One hates the thing.

Especially parties and friend options etc.

Compared to the 360 party system the xbox one parties are so bad, i meant you cant join peoples game in progress and there not even a clear way to invite people to games when your playing online. Having to create a new party to play a different game with people is also very annoying. Cant believe they messed it up this much when they had a great base to go off, it totally baffles me.

I also had issues with the party chat on xone until I configured my router so that my NAT was open, since then it has worked great. The only issue I have with it is that it should default to on instead of needing to turn party chat on after joining or starting a party. I have no problems talking with friends while playing different games or watching tv for instance even if they are playing a different game. Have not tested it but yes you will get game invites from the party leader for the game they are playing. I currently only have thee games for one, NBA 2k14 (they need to fix their servers, but that is for a different thread), Forza 5 (which has been damn near flawless) and COD: Ghosts. NBA and Forza are digital and COD is disk which is always in since I don't have any other games on disk so I have access to all three of my games at any time. I've been playing nba 2k14 and gotten a game invite for COD from a friend through party and have been able to  switch to that game and join group with no issues. I've also done this from watching TV with no game running so it goes to the home screen then launch COD and puts me in his group. Some of the issues are maybe with various games. Probably to early to completely tell but this thing is barely a month old and I'm blown away at the potential capabilities. Give it time, I agree the chat on 360 is currently superior but that was limited to only 360s, the new chat is xone, windows, smart phones/tablets so lets see how it develops.

For the second poster about being able to chat between xone and 360 this was always only promised via message system which does work, never voice.

I like the 360 party system better. They've made the Xbox 1 party system too "windows 8" on Xbox 1. I have not tried it on Xbox 1 yet because only 10 of my friends have Xbox 1 and don't play on it that much. Have heard some peps have had problems with party chat on Xbox 1. I'm not saying it's rubbish but I ^^ 360's version better.