laggy xbox

my problem with my xbox is that it lags not when im playing online just evrey where else start screen main page take 4 to 5 mins to load games take several minutes of loading it will not read my bf3 disc my system is not that old slim version 2 years my internet provider had me run a speed check its fine i have used ethernet cable still happen this is lame veary lame i spend good money for this service and hardware i should not have these problems i need a mod to help me thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You could try clearing up the hard drive and see if making room will help. Also, clear the system cache by going to the dashboard and over to Settings > System > Storage and highlight the Hard Drive and press Y. Then select the Clear System Cache. Once that is clear, I would test it out and see if it's working better.

One other thing that you can try is to delete the dashboard update and re-download it. You can do this by going to Settings > System and highlight the Hard Drive. With the Hard Drive highlighted, press LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X. Select Yes and it will then delete the update and restart the Xbox. Once the Xbox turns back on, you should get an option to download an update and will need to do that. Once downloaded, test away and see if it's running faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

One other thing to try, is to see if it is profile related. Is it also lagging when a different profile is used.

If it is only one profile, there is something worng with it, and you need to redownload it (if it is attached to a Microsoft account) The how to download can be found here: support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks guys for the help ima try that now and let you know i already wiped my 320 gig hard drive that was full of movies and shows wich sucked but it did not help

Sorry this didn't help.

so i went and tried to delete my profile and it said problem performing action no codes thats it i was sined out i tried it sined in and same thing???????????????????????????????

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, let's try this.  Please get a USB drive and move (not copy, but Move) the profile onto that and then remove it from the system and try to redownload it.  Does that go through?

Sorry this didn't help.