Lagging something chronic

Ok I have no idea WTF is going on with my console, we have a wifi router and my Xbox is wired as it does not have wifi and everything I have read says wired is better than wifi, now a ps3 is wifi 25m from the house and no lag on online games I'm right next to the router and I can't get a game with out lag. If I turn the laptop on with wifi my connection becomes so bad that I'm disconnected from the game and occasionally even Xbox live, some one explain this to me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello, Shaddosa. I'm sorry to hear about that lag. Here is a link with a few Tips on how to get your Xbox Network performance up again. support.xbox.com/.../performance

Please let me know if these steps were helpful. Best of luck! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There can be many issues that can cause lag on xbox live. Who is your isp and what is the make and model of your router?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a technicolour gate way with Telstra we have a 200G download great speed apart from my Xbox, it is the only F#€king thing in the house that has crap connection online even if only one device is wifi, it seems it is prioritising wifi devices with higher levels of connection than my Xbox and I have no idea why

Sorry this didn't help.

your 200g plan has nothing to do with your connection speed that simply means how much data you can access per month without being charged extra,, please check what your upload speed is, you can do this here> http://speedtest.net/

you may need to upgrade your internet.

Usually when one has a low upload speed and is attempting to play xbox live and another device activates on their connection it will be unbearable and sometimes not even work.

also you may want to do a little research on your modem and see if you have device priority settings, prioritizing your xbox will possibly fix this issue slightly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also please do not swear in your posts not even if you censor it yourself as here on the forums much younger customers tend to be wandering around looking for answers. and we would not want them to see anything that may damage their psych

Sorry this didn't help.

I can no longer stream videos on the local network where I could before so it is not the Internet any more bright suggestions? I'm about to lose my temper and that will be bad

Sorry this didn't help.

if your lag is just in game it might not be you it could be the host who has a bad connection or others in the game that is affecting you.

call your ISP the streaming problem may be form their end.

Sorry this didn't help.