Lag!!!!!

I have a plenty fast internet (12 mbps down and 3 mbps up) and when i try to play games online I lag...Its nothing terribly bad just about a half of a second...anyway its really annoying and i was wondering if anyone could help me with this (I have my Xbox connected to my router with a wire by the way) I have Satellite internet, and I was thinking thats what might be causing the delay...can someone confirm/deny this? Thanks in advance =]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

May i ask what game is causing the lag?

Also i suggest plugging your Xbox into your router via Ethernet cable. if it continues to lag, you may have a scratched disk.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

is there any one else on the internet at the same time you are connected if so that might make you lag and in stormy weather it tends to mess with the sattellite connection

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey c0 forerunner 0! I would suggest trying the step Ghetto Product listed above, if that doesn't help can you provide the information requested in our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) so we can get a better idea of your network set up! Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Ummm, the OP has already stated that his Xbox is connected to his router via an Ethernet cable.  Why are we suggesting he does what he's already done?

forerunner - I would suggest that it's more than likely your satellite link.  These kinds of link are prone to interference, and there is very little you can do to prevent it.  If you have a laptop running windows, click start, then run then type cmd.  In the window that opens, type ping google.com -t and see if you get any spikes in your ping rates at the same time as you lag.  this will prove your internet connection is lagging, and it's not the link between your xbox and router.

Hope this helps :)

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah i tried what you said shadow and it did peak, so i guess ill have to live with my lag =[ oh well thanks anyway, and thanks to everyone who took an interest in my problem =]

Sorry this didn't help.

Does it lag 4 times then stop, if it does that's framerate drop that usually happens on COD

How ever if its not that then i suggest Portforwarding 3074 what that does is it allows xbox to communicate with your router better.

Hope i helped.

Sorry this didn't help.