LAG problems ... since a week

Hey Com 

I Have a Xbox 360 Slim 250 GB, and a 7 mbit internet connection the speed is often day time depenting but normal i`m between 5 and 6 mbit may be a week ago while playing online with a friend i started to get lags i did speed tests on my internet connection and they are always good between 5 and 7 mbit a faster connection is in my small village not possible the lag is at GoW 3 and GoW Judgment it didn`t happen befor .... my nat is open all ports are fine 

i share the connection from my pc over a cross over calbe system is win7 i already did a cache clean on the xbox 360 and the hard drive is pretty emty 195 gb free i even have the feeling when i play a single player gow 3 insane it lags for a mili second the xbox 360 is a bit older then a year any body has a idea what the reason could be

i cant plug the xbox into the moden my isp use a dail up soft ware i already try this way and it really started all the sudden i played halo reach and halo 3 online as well with the same lag spikes since this day it may some has a idea what could be the reason 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you can, trying running the test at www.pingtest.net and post your results here. Unfortunately Internet 'speed' that is to say 'bandwidth speed' has virtually no impact on performance past a certain point, and that point is much less than the max speed of your connection.

For reference, here is the result I just got running the test:

my ping is usual at test around 84 to 115 this is very good but it never really made any problems after all it feels like i even have lag when i play singleplayer so this is what i really dont get at all

Well, that's a different story then. Did you recently get a new TV or change inputs on your TV? I'm thinking that if you have lag whether online or not that it could be your TVs picture settings causing problems.

Also, 84-115ms of ping to the closest test site is an indication of poor line quality. It should be anywhere from 50ms and lower. Try the next farthest server on pingtest.net to see if its just your closest server's problem, or you might have to talk with your service provider.

Well the single player lags are solved now they actual where a heat prob i smoke and after a bit ore the a year the fan and inside was quite a bit dusty and fluffs on the fan where causing this problems a little clean up could solve at least this problem .....

the online lag is still some time but its also better .... well i guess i have to live with them since in my area i cant get any better internet con .... still thanks to all some of the tips actual where still helpful

Hey Hay Hay its MDA would you know a good setting for my tv to reduce the lag input. I use it on game mode but might need to be tweeked. I have a JVC LT-40FH97. Also what should I set my xbox settings to.

[quote user="Floorboss"]

Hey Hay Hay its MDA would you know a good setting for my tv to reduce the lag input. I use it on game mode but might need to be tweeked. I have a JVC LT-40FH97. Also what should I set my xbox settings to.

[/quote]

Check your private messages (on these forums). I sent you a conversation message for what to do.