LAG COMPENSATION?

I am hoping there is someone here that can help me. I am a 40 year old gamer and love playing online but MW3 is really getting to me with online play.

Please guys and girls keep in mind that I am no expert by any means when it comes to electronics or making changes to things. The problem I am having is "LAG". No I have changed internet providers and bought several routers to try and solve my problem. I have googled it hundreds of times and I kept seeing something called "portforwarding"? So I found what seemed to be an easy how to to do this but after I tried it I could no longer even get online so I really screwed things up. LOL

After this I hit the reset button on my router and decided to google some more solutions to see if I could find a solution. I even had a computer guy from future shop come to my home to make adjustments and still no fix. Its so damn frustrating when I can empty a clip, reload, and start shooting again and still get my @@@ killed by one or two bullits. Then look at the kill cam to see that I didnt even lift my gun? What the heck is that? Its so frustrating. I watch kill cams and watch these guys get triple kills when there aim assist is dead on and there sites go from one enemy to the next in rapid succession. Its crazy.

My connection is so bad I had a friend on the opposing team stand in a window across the map and have me try and get my aim assist to draw my gun to him and nothing. Its terrible.

I figured I would also post the results of my speed tests here because I do believe that someone will ask so here is what I got: PING- 35MS     DOWNLOAD SPEED-66.53 MBPS    AND UPLOAD SPEEDS ARE 11.40 MBPS    Now I am not sure what this means but I do know I pay for very fast internet.

And last but not least, Is there actually something called lag compensation where they actual make gamers with high internet sppeds lag to try and even the odds?

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!! Please understand that I realize there are some kick @@@ players out there and I understand that. I just what the connection I pay for and I want gameplay to be fair. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys can give me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can I ask what type of router you have?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Based on your speed tests, your connection is definitely not the problem. Having said that, I suspect you were right in thinking that it was port forwarding. Without knowing what router you have, I can only suggest that you do two things... first, assign your XBOX 360 a static IP, and secondly... using your routers settings, designate/place that IP (the static IP you assigned for your 360) in the DMZ of your router (that way, you won't have to worry about port forwarding). I'm fairly certain this will fix your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I had a D-LINK router (model number DIR-825, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE TOP OF THE LINE?) But when I got my fiberoptic 70/30 installed the installer took that one off and installed an Actiontech router (This thing is huge with two ariels as well).

Also, when the tech came from Futrure shop he said he went to something called DMZ and opened all of my ports. But I dont think he specifically set any just for my xbox.

Also, Like I had mentioned I tried to do the portforwarding thing on my old, and smaller, d link router and boy did I mess things up.

I am a member of a gaming community for Black ops and MW3 so its important to me to have a great connection but I just havent been able to achieve it. Every game the most I ever get is three bar connection and major lag.

I have mentioned this on the Treyarch forums when black ops was a big game and here is what the treyarch guys actually said, "STOP YOUR WHINNING AND ACCEPT THAT YOU GOT YOUR @@@ HANDED TO YOU FROM A KID".

That really ticked me off and no matter what I said they were very very ignorant. So Black ops will definatly be the very last treyarch game I buy.

I really appreciate you two guys helping me out. Its so damn frustrating. I know I probably still wont have a 3.5 kd but I really do think I would have at least a 2.2 or 2.5 kd. Not that I care about KD. I just want it to be fair when I do get schooled!!!! LOL

Sorry this didn't help.

To check to see if your 360 has been assigned a static IP please do the following

• go to "Settings" on the dash, then select "System", and then "Network Settings". 
  • Select either "Wired" or "Wireless" which ever your setup is, then "Configure Network". 
  • Listed here are the particulars of your IP. Under the section "IP Setting" is it listed as Manual or Automatic? 

If it is Manual, then the guy from Futureshop did this for you, and likely there is another problem at play (assuming he put the Static IP in the DMZ of your router). However, if it doesn't say "Manual", then you're in luck... and likely we can fix this issue for you. 

Sorry this didn't help.

@TheLastLamikaze--  Thanks so much. I will check in a bit and hopefully it doesnt say manual. It not will you help me fix it?

Sorry this didn't help.

@TheLastKamakaze- OK!! Here is what I have. My setup is hard wired because I thought I would get better connection than wireless. On my "BASIC SETTINGS" I have my IP setinngs at AUTOMATIC AND MY dns SETINNGS at AUTOMATIC.

As far as the additional settings everything is showing as "NOT SET".

So is this a good thing? Can you help me?

One last thing, Do you think personally this may be due to Lag Compensation?

Man I have been dreaming of a 4 bar connection and no lag. Thats all I wanted for Xmas and I was robbed again. LOL

Sorry this didn't help.

OK TMG, we'll do this in steps... and BTW you wanted your IP to say Automatic, because that is likely the problem... and as such, we may be able to fix it.

We will have to assign your 360 a static IP - using the Xbox lingo, they refer to that as "Manual" (therefore it will always be the same... and as such, it will work in a DMZ. With your current IP set as Automatic, it changes everytime you boot up the 360; in this situation a DMZ would never work).

First question... do you know the IP of your router? You should be able to type this into the address bar of your PC's web browser, and that should take us to the various menus which are specific to your router. Typically, a router's IP is something like 192.168.1.1 (Note that when you put this IP in your browser, don't put anything like http:// or www, simply the numbers with the decimals and no spaces). If you do not know this, contact your ISP and get this info from them. 

Now, once you know the IP of your router, we can continue... post back here when you get to this point, I'll respond with the next steps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much. I will get the ip of my router and post asap. Just one more question, will all routers that are the same as mine have the same IP address? Or is mine just for my router?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK!! I do believe I have found the IP address of my router. I just googled Actiontech R1000H  ip adress and it gave it to me. I am not sure if I should post it on here but I think I do have it.

Sorry this didn't help.

who is your internet service provider TMG? That might be the issue itself. Some providers are know to throttle your speeds.

Sorry this didn't help.