Lag compensation??? Internet speeds!

Why do we spend our hard earned money for 30 meg Internet so we can play on a good connection and then Xbox live splits it up so the idiots with less than stellar Internet can play??? Why not put them in there own lobbies or not at all? I pay to much for hi speed and a gold subscription to be aggravated every time I play black ops2 because some slaker who lives in his mommies basement has a 2 second lead on me. The group I play with all have 16 or 30 meg and I know we are not the only ones with these speeds. This deal with getting lagged out or kicked out of lobbies and can't send messages or invites is getting pretty stupid. I'm so tired of playing one map and winning by double and then the next loosing by double because someone is running 2 or 3 bars. It's no fun and several people have just stopped playing , Microsoft if something is not done the subscriptions and game sales are going to suffer and I know money talks!!! So please figure It out or my group is gone. May even try ps3!! I know we are not alone in this complaint.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree. It's terrible to know that this is the only game that has this problem. Bought my last Call of Duty game. I'm over this money hungry franchise. Make something for the players for a change.

OP so you saying that thoese poeple have no right to be on XBOX LIVE? You like to know something. UNITED STATES hi speed sucks. Most of the poeple do not have the money or opion to get the high speed connection.  There is no part on the TOS or COC that states that you can't be XBOX LIVE member if you are below this much speed.  I can see making the higher speed person to haved hosting duty. But not banned poeple from playing online for not haveing that 30 mps on there console.  My cear giver haved 6mps on her's internet connection. And I would loved to get a faster connection. But I am disable and I can not earn alot of money. So I haved to lived with it. Until the prices of this 30mps is cheep to haved. And not everyone haved a fat bank account like you do. It you need to grow up. And accept that not everyone is rich like you.

what you probably don't know is that it is rumored that xbox live caps players connection speeds to its servers. you are NOT getting those 30 meg speeds to the xbox live servers...

Imo, the cod games are the problem not live, leaving xbox live over one terrible game when it's the same on all consoles is your choice.  Although I haven't played black ops, im sure its the same as the rest when it comes to sloppy gameplay. I got cod4 and quit playing 2 days after buying it cause it was the same crap slightly different name. but its just my opinion. battlefield 3 is way better.

Never had a lag issue on Black Ops.Halo 4 and Reach have serious lag though.

No disrespect to anyone that can't afford or can't get the hi speed Internet but the system should separate lobbies by speed and not match up a 30 mg with a hotspot cell Internet .  They spend time and money fixing graphics and stuff like that but don't do anything about the pissed off players because they already have your money.

A lot of games have the option to connect to fastest connection. Call of duty doesn't I don't believe. So perhaps you should play something else if it grinds your gears so much.

Broadband in the US seems a bit lacking, I live in the UK and I have 74Mbps down and 16Mbps Up with a 10ms connection over 150 miles away, it is pure unlimited and costs me £12 month, what kind of options do you have in the US.

black ops 2 = lag comp poor hit detection continuous host migrations etc etc 

i quit this game in january because it became so frustrating to play

OP as I sayed it putty much crap fest when comes to internet connection. I think poeple want to get thoese hi speed. but can't afford them becoues greedy croprateion put the new and better tech menny times then it should. And only kind connection is honnestly cost that much is fiberopic. And you shouldn't tell thoese poeple go buy the 30mps connection all they cna afford is 6mps or it just planly not a choese there. You shouldn'tr barck at MS. You should barck at hyour state senitors for not puting money to improving inter services in UNITED STATES. And is cheep and reasonble for all poeple.