Lag after Update !!!!

It is just me or is everybody having lag on MW2 / black ops. Every game i join about 3-5 people connection is very low and it hard to play the game some times. i know Xbox live had a big issus after a old update so i not sure if it the same again. i have restarted my xbox connection, my router, and it still the same. me and my friend thinking that it is down xbox live end.

Please comment if you are having the same problem.

Thanks

VII Chappy IIV

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I've been having the same problem nearly all of today. I was on Black Ops this morning and i played a few games with no problems then suddenly my connection just dropped. Usually to 1 bar orange/red or 2 bar yellow. I had a look in the options menu where you can see your bandwidth etc and my bandwidth had dropped to 27Kbps. What's that all about?! Sometimes it was even saying 0Kbps. I'm so confused!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been having terrible issues with lag since the update two weeks ago.  Not always lag as in red bars, but more of just general gameplay lag where i shoot someone and then all of a sudden im dead and they arent.  it is making want to get rid of the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

i had some lag yesterday morning but now its working ok. what happen to me after the update is when i get out of a game or netfliks there a lag to get back to my profile or what ever is the name of it.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you guys are still experiencing slow connections, please take a few minutes to read this post, and then start a thread in Forum 02-"Connecting to LIVE."

Sorry this didn't help.

I experienced the same problems after the MW2/Black Ops (BO) update couple weeks ago. I have tried other games and the lag is only on BO (e.g. Halo was fine). Activision's website said the server status was at Defcon 5, all servers are running. I contacted the help desk at Activision BO and they responded with the standard help desk answer of "make sure the game ports are open on the router and that Firewall is turned off". This is a crap answer as I have never had the problems before until the BO update. Running speedtest.net shows nothing wrong with my Road Runner internet access and I did go through all the steps of making sure my network connection was good using the XBox network Live test. So I'm pretty sure you are right = the BO lag is caused by Activision's recent update. BTW: All the lag problems magically disappered last night...

Sorry this didn't help.