L.A. Noire was once a six disc game

L.A. Noire on Xbox 360 covers a whopping three game discs, but according to Team Bondi writer and director Brendan McNamara, the count could have been "four or five or six".

"We've always been called stupidly ambitious," McNamara told Gamespot in a video interview. "Along with Rockstar we make very big games."

"It took a lot of effort to get down to three discs - I think we were on four or five or six at one point - and to get it onto one Blu-ray [for the PS3 version].

"We're pretty pleased that we got it down to that in the end," he went on, attributing the feat to "miraculous compression".

"It's the biggest map that we've done and that Rockstar have done, so there's a lot of detail in there, and also a lot of actor's performances - 21 hours worth."

Last week, McNamara revealed that "two full desks" or mission sets had been cut from L.A. Noire during development, and might be published separately as downloadable content.

This morning, a Best Buy offer outed the first of the game's DLC packs.

Source

I'm surprised to be honest, 6 DISCS!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im not really surprised... Anything could go onto 6 disks or more with enough waffle to pad it out

intresting read.

I do have a PS3 but I am getting this for 360 even though it is 3 disc's (need the exersize)

Mine has been posted today so it should be here tommorow or thuursday.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"]

L.A. Noire on Xbox 360 covers a whopping three game discs, but according to Team Bondi writer and director Brendan McNamara, the count could have been "four or five or six".

I'm surprised to be honest, 6 DISCS!!!

[/quote]

not quite the same as tittle suggests...

alot of content cut just means one thing, plenty of DLC for xbox version since the content wasn't cut for the PS3.

An to be honest i like it that way because we will get cut DLC(i hope) maybe to max the game to 1750 and the PS3 version will only be played around for a few months while the Xbox version will be going strong with DLC updates every month lets say

[quote user="DarkGin87"]

alot of content cut just means one thing, plenty of DLC for xbox version since the content wasn't cut for the PS3.

An to be honest i like it that way because we will get cut DLC(i hope) maybe to max the game to 1750 and the PS3 version will only be played around for a few months while the Xbox version will be going strong with DLC updates every month lets say

[/quote]

If you actually read the first post you might realise that it says ''and to get it onto one Blu-ray [for the PS3 version]'' so yeah, it was cut from the PS3 to.

Just as long as its a good game - after all, if it was rubbish (I'm not saying it is!!  I'm just saying "if", which doesn't seem to be a possibility now!!) then it would be 3 discs of rubbish.

I do think though that 6 DVD's is a bit much - but hey, it would be like picking up a season of your favourite crime drama!!

Well if you remember the old "Fable II" diaries they make leaps and bounds in compression on a weekly basis in a studio.

Nice that you won't have to swap discs as you progress with the story on this one as you revisit stuff (like you do with Castlevania).

That's why the quality is so high on the 360 version.  They have all that space to fit their product on with the 3 discs.

Az

could have been 1 blu-ray disc...if there was a blu-ray player in my xbox. /rant

[quote user="saintmarc"]

could have been 1 blu-ray disc...if there was a blu-ray player in my xbox. /rant

[/quote]

What difference does it make? You just need to put in a new disc every now and then and forget about the old ones. Once you've finished the game you'll only need the final disc if you want to play

When games start being 6 discs long, I think it's time for the next gen, or blu-ray lol.