L.A Noire Melting Consoles Since 2011

Well, it seems another big game has problems on release date, and is in need of a patch.

Unfortunately for Xbox and PS3 users, a problem with the games coding is making the consoles work too hard....and consequently are overheating, shutting down, and there are even some reports of the solder joints inside the console melting.

I've not tried my copy on my 360 yet,got to wait until I finish work, so dunno if I'm gonna experience it. What about you guys, any problems?

Just a shame another huge game release has problems, and is in urgent need of a patch.

Rockstar have confirmed there is a problem (despite blaming PS3 firmware originally), but when 360's started melting as well, they retracted that and admitted it was a problem on their end. They have said the patch is coming "very soon".

I'm just praying I don't have any problems!

Source and Sauce

Edit - Rockstar did post a "workaround", and that is to clear your cache if it happens to you. Dunno what that will change, but that is there official stance atm.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

LOL  games  are  making  xboxs  melt  ahhaha  

Played it for a couple of hours and havent had a single problem so far, Going to try it later again for a few hours so will see if i have any issues.

Nerveagent, I get the impression from your post, that it was a sarcastic "yeah right" kind of post.

Not sure what you don't believe about it, its perfectly believeable. If the coding in certain parts isn't smooth enough, especially on a high end game where the processors are working hard as it is, if it is struggling due to bad code it can quite easily work far too hard, get too hot, and shut the console down.

I'm not sure if I believe the melting solder parts that have been reported, as there is no way the core CPU could get that hot. But, thats whats being reported. The Xbox CPU is meant to shut down around 71 degrees C. Solder melts around 180 degrees. Normal running temps are between 30-60 degrees.

So I call rubbish on the melting solder parts, but the overheating/shutting down Rockstar have admitted is a problem.

No  mate  I  do  believe you  its  just  ridiculous  thats  all.  When  are  we  gonna  get  a  game  released  that  isnt  a  total mess.  Im  waiting  on  Dirt  3  on  Tuesday  but  im  full of  dread  thinking  whats  gonna  be  wrong  with  it  as  I  cant  remember  the  last  time  a  big  game  came  out  and  wasnt  a  shambles  in  one  way  or  another.  

Maybe  with  the  game  being  so  advanced  and  needing  3  disks  etc  its  nearly  time  for  the  next  generatioin  console  to  be  announced.  Asthey  have  had  to cut  the  game  for  it  to work  that  means  its  time  to    move  forward

[quote user="Lavindathar"]

So I call rubbish on the melting solder parts, but the overheating/shutting down Rockstar have admitted is a problem.

[/quote]

im enclined to agree with this but (and it is a big but) say that it did indeed melt solder on an out of warranty console then who would be responsable for the repair or replacement of said console ? hmmmmmm...

It could well melt the solder joints, Cheap solder is one of the main reasons for the rrod as the console gets too hot and the cheap solder joints crack.

I have played for around 3 1/2 hours so far and towards the end of session the framerate was starting to judder a little and the fans on my console started making a little more noise than usual, Ill see what its like later when i get back on.

I always upload any new game onto my hard-drive, as I recommend anyone does, (if you have a large HD that is) - so if you do that, surely you won't get this problem.

But even cheap Solder doesnt melt as low as 70 degrees when the 360 is meant to shut down to protect itself?

I know the old RRoD's were caused by the solder being displaced, but that wasn't due to it melting. It was due to constant constricting/expanding due to heating up cooling down as the 360 got used over time, and finally the solder broke off or cracked etc.

And its a good point about who would be liable, seeing as Rockstar have admitted that it's a fault they've caused thats causing any overheating. Put it this way, if my console dies when I try LA Noire tonight, it will be Rockstar I'm contacting :P

[quote user="LadyHawk"]

I always upload any new game onto my hard-drive, as I recommend anyone does, (if you have a large HD that is) - so if you do that, surely you won't get this problem.

[/quote]

That won't fix anything

All the hype and its broken!