Kinect voice control.

A couple of years back I bought the much advertised Kinect sensor.

I live in Sweden and I want to ask when Microsoft will enable so that I can use the Kinect voice controls in english?

I understand that Swedish voice controls will never happen, so I want to use the english voice controls when I'm online - just as I can do when I change my localization and unplug the Xbox from Live, and just as I can do inside some games like Forza 4.

Considering voice control was one of the key selling points with the Kinect sensor this is a question I really want to have answered.

So, when will all of us be able to change the language for the Kinect voice controls so that we can use them?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Microsoft has not yet giving us an ETA on your area if it is not already available. If you would like to talk to a Microsoft Representative regarding the issue, maybe to get some more information, you can call them at 1.800.469.9269 Toll Free. Your carrier may charge for a international fee, though. If you want to help that the Support page updates regionally, you can try and see if it will show you a number for your area over here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

"Microsoft has not yet giving us an ETA on your area if it is not already available"

Read once more please.

" when Microsoft will enable so that I can use the Kinect voice controls in english?"

" I want to use the english voice controls"

"when will all of us be able to change the language for the Kinect voice controls"

I do not care for an ETA for the swedish language as it will never come. I want to change the language myself to something that I know is already there and works.

And I will continue to ask this question until I get an answer from Microsoft and not some phone hotline number that will just say the same thing as you just did.

Sorry this didn't help.

I wasn't being rude and you don't need to either (that's what it seems like, may be wrong :/ ), I was telling you the answer. Language options are based regionally, and your region may not support certain languages. And also, Swedish may come eventually.

Sorry this didn't help.

Kinect voice commands is region based due to accents being different for every region you can look up the officially supported language for kinect for your region

Voice commands is not supported in every region

On this website it is under the kinect supported regions s

The only way to have english voice commands is to have an English  speaking region but you may have issues due to the region locks on most triple a titles and their dlc

Kinect voice control has always had region and language limitations

Although they added new regions and languages last update 

Sorry this didn't help.

If it's region based due to accents then why isn't the voice controls in games like Forza 4 region based?

And those controls works really fine. It's just at the [MOD REMOVED] dashboard it isn't allowed.

And as a consumer I use my right to complain and complain again if the product I bought (the Kinect sensor) does not give me the options as were advertised.

Especially when the consumers never get official answers to their complaints.

Sorry this didn't help.

actually if you read the xbox one box or even the 360 Kinect box

some features have different requirements and availability of content is based on the region you are in

if you bought an console out of region YOU are responcible for getting your own content

along with the contract you sign

You may not reroute access to gain access to content you aren't supposed to

content not available in your region which would be English content

Sorry this didn't help.

fyi Kinect functionality and voice search available with select Xbox LIVE content and varies by feature, provider, and region. See www.xbox.com/live . Broadband internet, games and content sold separately.

Kinect voice is not promised in all regions nor is English promised in all regions

Sorry this didn't help.