Kinect Upgrade out this month

for those who haven't heard of it Nyko (the intercooler guys) are releasing another unofficial bit of 360 add on tech. The Nyko Zoom an add on for kinect that reduces the required space to play by 40%.

[I would link to it but I'd hate a new mod to see it as a sign of me endorsing unofficial hardware that mods xbox hardware even if it is for the better of sales etc]

And what a time to release it with kinect titles like.

Rise of nightmares

Kung Fu

Burnout crash course

Once upon a monster - ( The Tim Schafer Seaseme street Kinect title)

all out fairly soon and releasing info etc.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

We have new Moderators?

can't see any problem with it from Microsoft. it's not a mod that changes the way it works, it's just a lens that clicks on the front of the Kinect. No different to the intercooler in that respect.

I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem linking to it.

This should come in handy, the only Kinect game that works well in our living room (without me moving the couch) is Fruit Ninja. The couch comes out too far for Kinect to reliably see any player, but only by around 1 foot, so ~40% zoom should work well in our setup.  Not that it's a problem moving the furniture but I'd rather have the couch infront of the TV and not at the side of the room...

[quote user="Habenero Pepper"]

can't see any problem with it from Microsoft. it's not a mod that changes the way it works, it's just a lens that clicks on the front of the Kinect. No different to the intercooler in that respect.

I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem linking to it.

[/quote]

yeh but Ms seem to have classed intercoolers as a mod so I'm not going to risk it but I'm sure the product name of Nyko Zoom put into some online shop search engines would find it lol

If this works well and is not tacky/cheap this is a brilliant idea, and subject to reviews when released I shall be purchasing one if it is up to scratch!

Im pretty sure I saw someone post on the forums a link to something complaining about this. Saying how bad it was. It got my hopes up then I saw that post and I thought it was to good to be true. Apparently it messes up the senosr, but ill wait until I see some proper reviews before I buy it.