Kinect to keep the squeekies at bay ?

Wow MS are apparently looking into a new concept based on face mapping and the kinect so for M rated games the system will be able to estimate the person plays age and as such restrict mature rated content from younger kids.

So after all the calls for MS to restrict M rated content and cut down on mic convos like this

"******* you, you  ******* *********** ********** *** ******* **** now I want some chocolate milk"

on M rated games, Ms are finally looking into it.

And to all those kids out there claiming they are mature enough for the games, you now get your shot to prove it to MS using the kinect.

Looks like MS have finally realised that parents are using xboxes as babysitters and not bothering to check out ratings or anything else.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Easy to avoid this system, it wouldn't keep many at bay.

I as a parent know it's my responsibility to know what my child is playing, simple.

[quote user="L1nko64"]

Easy to avoid this system, it wouldn't keep many at bay.

[/quote]

Yep, unplug Kinect :)

Not everyone has Kinect or ever will they can't force you to authenticate using it

no they can't force you to use it, but it is a step in the right direction and if the next xbox came with kinect built in then this would be a real step forward to tackle the problems.  even if they released it to try it out then we can say they are trying something.

What if you are an adult with a baby face, would the system not let you play 18 rated games? What if I printed off an adults face from google images, created a face mask and wore it when I signed into xbox live?

[quote user="Farscape247"]

no they can't force you to use it, but it is a step in the right direction and if the next xbox came with kinect built in then this would be a real step forward to tackle the problems.  even if they released it to try it out then we can say they are trying something.

[/quote]

Definately a step in the right direction but you will always get the parents that don't give a hoot what their kids are playing so there would always be away around it.

I will never buy kinect

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

I as a parent know it's my responsibility to know what my child is playing, simple.

[/quote]

Me too.

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

[/quote]spot on!

[quote user="Alchemist Don"]

I will never buy kinect

[/quote]

As it's the fastest selling gadget ever I don't think they'll mind.