Kinect Sensor turns off and on every 30 seconds

Not sure if this belongs here or accessories as it wasn't specified in the split announcement but I apologize if I did it wrong. I just completed a P90X session on Xbox Fitness and it crashed to the home screen, I immediately went back into it to make sure it saved my sessions stats as I'm trying to get a late start on the 12 5 star ratings for the challenge. After about 30 seconds it flashed a message saying the Kinect sensor was unplugged and then after about 1 second it came back on. the first time I thought little of it, until it did it again, and again, etc. I checked for a loose connection at the back of the console and it was plugged in securely. What does this mean? Is my sensor failing or overheating? it's on top of my entertainment center so it can't be because lack of air flow. Please Help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:
Answer

I resolved the issue myself, it was a conflict after Xbox Fitness crashed. I did a hard reboot, held the power button for 5 seconds, then unplugged the console for 10 seconds. Upon rebooting it worked fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.