Kinect Rivals went from lol to a must have game for me...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd normally turn my nose up at this kind of thing, but I agree, it does look pretty sweet!

Ye it looks pretty good, won't be enough for all the Kinect haters though, for every good game we show them they'll throw a bad one at us as a reason why Kinect is terrible.  Strange though that there are good and bad games that use the normal controller, and yet they don't say anything about getting rid of the controller.

Shaggy,Because controller has been around for decades and has already proved it self usefull everywhere. And there was no good game for kinect 2 up till now. Ant kinect 1 is a niche product.

-

That being said I'm happy MS has started playing a game. I've been anouncing for a long while that in order to sell kinect 2 they need to offer us video games for it. And this is the start in the right directions.

While kinect rivals isn't my type of game I can see how it would be fun for those who like this type of gameplay and it also has a lot of neat features. If Dev's manage to do a more hardcore games with it, it would be even more awesome.

Kinect seems to be slowly rising up in my opinion. I do hope that by the time I get x1 after the release of the beta console version it will have some fun games for my liking.

@Ookami did you see the FPS demo they had at Gamescom? I'll try grab a link. It shows a good use of the kinect to add an extra dimension to the control. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01y1vXBl1-8&feature=player_embedded#t=0 Start of that video, the demo the guys playing. It shows potential I think, there's still a bit of lag to be worked out but I reckon one of the bigger developers could use Kinect in ways like that not too far down the line without the lag

You know this would be top with friends around for a bit of fun, I bought a Wii just for that reason, and this looks soooo much better.

I've always remained optimistic for this new Kinect and not just for games that require you to wave your arms and legs about and sure it's still a case of I'll hold judgement to I get to try it for myself but one report I read from IGN yesterday and the guy even admitted that he's never been the biggest fan of the whole Kinect thing but now he's tried it he said he was impressed and he's now alot more hopefull for the future which is fantastic to hear.

Really good stuff, thanks for the links :)

I'm excited when the devs get a couple of years with the kinect...I'm sure will see some awesome stuff...Way more excited for it than I was yesterday...Good job on getting the msg out there..

i lost what little hope I had for Kinect 2 when i seen that fighter within game play footage.

i think it looks great, i look forward to other developers jumping on the k2