Kinect required to use Cortana

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-confirms-kinect-sensor-required-speak-cortana-xbox-one

Excellent

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm in luck! I have a Kinect and use it all the time anyway...hurray me!

Peace, J.R.

For now, perhaps. There's still a real possibility that Microsoft can enable the function with just a XB1 headset. Not immediately, but in the future.

There's still ill will towards the Kinect and it's not like this function will move units or, at least, that's my interpretation. We'll have to wait and see.

Yay, i have kinect for xbox 1. It would be great and if we can have cortana like siri as a personal assistant on xbox 1 instead of giving voice commands on xbox 1 and the console doesnt talk back.

Waiting..... waiting..... waiting for the anti Kinect posts....  Great news though!

Its not about moving units. X1 purchasers were given the choice they wanted. That chioce still exists as does the option to use the controller on the New Dash coming soon.

This is about improving the experience for those that chose and like Kinect. Not for those with Ill will. They got what they asked for.

I love my Kinect. This is awesome news indeed!

The only mention of Kinect at E3.

They didn't mention Smartglass at all at E3 yet it gets upgrades and improvements regularly and most people I know including my self use it on a daily bases and wouldn't be without it.

So the fact they spoke about this during the daily shows doesn't really mean much or what you wanted your statement to mean.

Yeah, he's obviously trying to hate on the Kinect. Whether he has one or not, I don't care. I'm so excited for Cortana! Imma make her my bishhhhh lol.

Oh and Smartglass is super awesome! It's crazy how much it has evolved from when it was My Xbox Live? I forgot. That app would look so plain now in 2015 lol.